"The Old Man" from Pawn Stars

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
This show caught my attention a few months ago as I was channel surfing and they had a segment about WWII relics. The Old Man (Richard Harrison) is a priceless gem. His deadpan humor and delivery is something to behold. Crotchety old curmudgeon... wise, weary and worried. His commentary on today's youth is hilarious. Reminds me of my Dad. The Old Man should be raking in huge commercial endorsements. He has an authenticity that comes with age.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This show caught my attention a few months ago as I was channel surfing and they had a segment about WWII relics. The Old Man (Richard Harrison) is a priceless gem. His deadpan humor and delivery is something to behold. Crotchety old curmudgeon... wise, weary and worried. His commentary on today's youth is hilarious. Reminds me of my Dad. The Old Man should be raking in huge commercial endorsements. He has an authenticity that comes with age.

Yup..wife and I watch it all the time..the "Old man" is great....

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
But I wouldn't want to sell him something, nor buy from him. Based on what I have seen, he has to have the highest margins.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
yeah funny show you all keep sitting to watch the show so i can get more freight ok LOL

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obviously the idea is maximum prophet but when they are paying $600 for an item worth $4000 I wouldn't want to do business with any of them.

melanieanne

Seasoned Expediter

I absolutely love him and the show. he makes me laugh and nod my head in agreement. he adds so much to the show. just watched yesterday.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now boys and girls you see why you shouldn't post on autopilot while reading something else and listening to the football game in the background. Oh well.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In keeping with my theme of humility, the title Maximum Prophet would offset some of the more colorful names I have been called here on EO.
The title Maximum Prophet has a nice ring to it, especially for a business person. I live by the principles stated in your book: "I Ca-Ching."

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
The title Maximum Prophet has a nice ring to it, especially for a business person. I live by the principles stated in your book: "I Ca-Ching."

Ironically, Ike Ching is a Chinese-American neighbor whom I have taught to speak a corrupted form of Appalachian English. Being a quick study, Ike enthusiastically mastered several key swear words and gestures of contempt in a single tutorial. Regrettably, Ike was barred from airports by the TSA when his irritable utterance, "Thank you!" was inadvertently misconstrued.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The Old man is great, and when he bags on Chumley, it is hilarious...but then again, Chumley is one of a kind....:D

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
CHUM-LEE (see business card) is by far my fav next to the ole man and I fully intended to go there today and take some photos for you folk..However
They are doing a tour in Sparks, Nevada and only the lackey's would be there:(
That is the second time for me in 2 months I had my sites set on "G and S" Pawn only to find these cats are like Aerosmith.:mad:
It is amazing how some hole in the wall can become so famous but like you I am easily entertained...
Gold & Silver Pawn Shop
Time to get to work and "maximize my prophet" (Sorry Leo that was too good to let get by)

Last edited:

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yeah, that show brings a lot of laughs, but I also like American Pickers on History. You could kinda say they're expediters of sorts....driving around in a Sprinter, then their secretary calls them with a potential pick (load for us)....but I would guess they get to sleep in a nice warm hotel everynight now that they have their own show.