The National Anthem

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At the race at Talladega, the 82nd Airborne All American Chorus sang the National Anthem. It was a beautiful rendition done extremely well. I've replayed it many times since then. Every time I listen to it I'm thankful for the brave men and women who represent us and stand up for us in our armed forces. I'm also reminded of a number of years ago when the National Anthem was blatantly disrespected by Roseanne Barr in a disgusting show of what's wrong with so much of Hollywood and the liberal establishment.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am sorry I missed it. I am SO tired of these singers today, worbaling all over the place with that song. They think that it is part of their act and that THEY are what is important. They have NO respect.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not many can do the National Anthem MANY respected singing artists aka Toby Keith/Trace Atkins heavily into supporting the troops just can't hit the high notes...*L*
At least they try....and show no disrespect...EXCEPT for that Barr crap....
Just because it doesn't sound good doesn't mean there is disrespect....it is the effort that counts..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Adding 457 extra notes to the anthem just for show and style is disrespect. In-ablility to sing is not. Rosanne is a pig not even a good enough of a pig to be made into bacon.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of the National Anthem ( lol ), just why do we sing the anthem before a sporting event anyway?

Reactions: RLENT