the longest 100 miles.

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
loaded or empty,night or day,road work or clear sailing.I-75 between chattanooga tn to atlanta ga is never ending for me.How about you?

z

Expert Expediter
I like to be in that part of the country. So, that stretch really doesn't bother me. I hate the drive on 94 between Chicago and Detroit. I don't like driving across Iowa on 80 either. That seems like it takes days. After saying all that guess where my next runs will be!! Later Z

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My longest and most boring trip is about 330 miles on I 95 between Jacksonville and Miami. I 55 between St Louis and Chicago ranks up there too.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well this is longer then 100 miles, but what about the stretch on I-80 in PA from the Ohio state line going east to NJ. It never, ever ends!!!

There is also the stretch on I-90 W from Rockford, IL to Minneapolis, MN. It has been said many of good drivers have lost their minds just driving that route on a regular basis.
;-)

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------

Everybody is someone else's weirdo.

-----------------------------------------

joker

Expert Expediter
I would have to say I95/I26 from Jacksonville to Columbia S.C. at night in the pouring rain. lordy!!!! what a trip.

paperback1

Expert Expediter
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH RICH M. I-55 FROM CHICAGO TO ST. LOUIS. I WAS BORN AND RASIED IN CHICAGO, AND DROVE THAT STREACH HUNDREDS OF TIMES, AND IT IS SO BORING

truckercop

Expert Expediter
Also longer than 100 miles, is the stretch on I-10 from the Florida state line to Tallahassee seems like it goes on forever. That part of the highway has seams in it that are timed just right to make your rear tires slap that pavement...

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
alway seem like the last 100 miles goes for ever, i have a system how i rate the last run, was it one coffee stop or more like a 4 cup of coffee run, stop have a cup of coffee walk around the truck and go for next coffee stop, from 2359 to 0800 i will run but don't like to
like runs that pick up after 1100 and del by 2100 and start all over again

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
That is easy! It isn't exactly 100 miles but it feels like 1000, I-69 from Indy to Fort Wayne. When I get to Fort Wayne I am home and it always feels like it takes forever to get there. I-69 from Michigan through northern Indiana to Fort Wayne Seems equally as long!

Lostmarbles

Expert Expediter
It has to be the stretch of I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix! With only 6 turns in 119 miles and nothing to look at except dirt and cotton fields. People drive off the road just to have something to do I think! There aint nothing to hide behind to Pee either! LOL...I drove this stretch twice a night, 6nights a week, at 67mph for two years. Would make a great Stephen King story or Twilite Zone short.
Oh and I-10/20 between El Paso and Midland! Now there is a picnic with Mayo!

Life is what happens to you while your busy makeing other plans.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
I'LL AGREE WITH EVERY POST I'VE READ SO FAR ABOUT THE LONGEST 100 MILES! THEY SEEM LIKE THEY'LL NEVER END BUT THE STRECH BETWEEN ALBUQUERQUE AND LAS CRUCES NEW MEXICO AFTER 1AM WILL FOREVER SEEM LIKE THE TWILIGHT ZONE TO ME!I NEVER PASTED OR SAW ANOTHER VEHICLE 15 MILES OUT FROM EITHER CITY, THERE WASN'T EVEN STATIC ON THE CB, I KEPT BREAKING ON EVERY CHANNEL (only 21 channels then) AND NEVER GOT A REPLY. I THOUGHT IT WAS BROKEN! AND FROM EL PASO TO SAN ANTONIO ON I10 IS A TRIP I DREAD TOO! :-( :) TAKE CARE ALL!!!!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have run that segment from San Antonio to ElPaso many times.It!s amazing that whenever you leave San Antonio the engine seems to run rough and you start hearing strange noises and you are afraid to stop as you know there must be a major leak somewere.But stangely enough when you get to ElPaso all is OK..That is one lonely strech of highway,but a decent road and nice scenery.

Dkalasz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
i used to do a run from detroit to moberly mo several time a week got to the point i knew where i was by the pavement .. its amazeing how many different shades of blacktop there are :)

XM Man

Expert Expediter
I think any 100 mile stretch in OH. has them all beat. It is all I can do to stay awake in that state.