The great tuna scandal

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you bought Starkist tuna from 2009-2014 they may have or probably did short the weight. Anyone who did so is able to join in the settlement.

Hendricks v Starkist Co.
Wait a minute ....now WHAT?!
So, people actually save their Grocery receipts from purchasing cans of Tuna just in case there's a Recall and Class Action Suit? Man, all these years I've been throwing mine away and recycling the Cans!

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Wait a minute ....now WHAT?!
So, people actually save their Grocery receipts from purchasing cans of Tuna just in case there's a Recall and Class Action Suit? Man, all these years I've been throwing mine away and recycling the Cans!

You just have to swear you bought. Do the online claim.

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You just have to swear you bought. Do the online claim.
OMG...they'll have so many bogus claims. I can't be so random without proof of my purchasing their Brand. I at least bought several cans, maybe a total of 6 in 2014 for 'Food For Thoughts' Pantry. They were requesting Peanut Butter and or Tuna. Sorry, no can do.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
$25 cash or $50 in vouchers for free tuna is pennies from heaven, IMO. I buy a lot of tuna, seriously, and there's not many brands to choose from, so odds are I'm not even exaggerating a claim. Nice link, BTW, Leo. :)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you can tune a piano, can you tune a fish?

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Deville

Not a Member
Tuna fish was huge part of my diet from a child until about 7 years ago. My favorite thing in the world to eat for many years was a can of Tuna, a can of red beans, a large bowl of white rice, all mixed together with grated cheese. OMG HEAVEN! So good. Everyone was repulsed by this mixture but I don't care. It was and still is yummy.

Anyway, Back in the 90's when I worked for Airborne Express I had a pick up at a Tuna fish cannery in Brooklyn. I never knew it was there and, unless you went inside you wouldn't know about it from walking by. I walked in and was horrified how dirty and disgusting it was. I never ate that brand of Tuna again after seeing that.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Tuna with red beans, rice, & cheese sounds repulsive to me too, but then, I like mine mixed with canned peas, mayo, & sour cream. ;)

Deville

Not a Member
Tuna with red beans, rice, & cheese sounds repulsive to me too, but then, I like mine mixed with canned peas, mayo, & sour cream. ;)
Oh God that to me is disgusting. I don't eat mayo or sour cream

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

tknight

Veteran Expediter
The celery makes it a little crunchy but the mayo or sour cream is yuk, I agree and peanut butter and tuna is out also!!!!!

Reactions: neilblack