The Center For The Lowest Paying Load Opportunities

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Have a load opportunity on the ridiculous side of the track? Let's share them for some comic relief. I just had one total miles 427, loaded miles 273. Pick up was in NYC metro area. With the tolls its even worse. The pay was $272

Last edited:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
How do we know it's ridiculous without the pay numbers? Thanks for adding the pay, and you're right it's ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It absurd. We are seeing more and more offers of this, and MUCH worse, pay. Some are SO bad we don't even bother to respond in the negative.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They need to get me Running the Quarter Inventories is over with. Cant make payments running bean loads need some steak at least one or twice a week too. Those making Decisions " Respect the Chair". Slice the pie even and fairly. Sky's the limit Like Bob Said, and it should be.

kennyb1164

Rookie Expediter
I unload in Pasadena, TX, southeast of Houston. I get my layover option message, #1and #2 are Atlanta, GA. 758 mile deadhead. Not gonna happen!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

GandJ

Active Expediter
I unload in Pasadena, TX, southeast of Houston. I get my layover option message, #1and #2 are Atlanta, GA. 758 mile deadhead. Not gonna happen!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

So I'm guessing they offered to pay you to move. So what are you going to do? Sit and wait in a slow area or move on your own dollar?

kennyb1164

Rookie Expediter
They offered standard DH money. I'm gonna sit in HOU for a bit and see what happens. I played the deadhead long miles game back around Christmas. Unloaded close to Baton Rouge, LA and DH to Memphis express center. Sat there for 5 days, offered loads every day but by the time my DHPL money was added the the load money it put me out of line with what they were willing to pay. I ended up bouncing to Dallas on my dime to get a good load. Surprisingly enough, I still got my DHPL money on my next load.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Keep in mind the TVM as well, time value of money. Meaning X days sitting in a not so good area and finally getting a tolerable load offer may be less net value than taking the DH and getting a job right away. Waiting has no cost for tires, belts, hoses etc. but still has daily costs for truck payment, insurance etc. as well as food, laundry etc..

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Try sitting in El Paso and getting loads picking up in California 800+ mile deadheads 1167 total miles for 978.02 oh yeah and let's run that refer too. The funny thing is when you ask for decent pay and get it you probally would of took the load for a bit less had they sent it to you at a decent rate in the first place.