Brock back in Denver... Awkward :JC-hysterical:

Reactions: muttly and ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Broncos are looking good.. just scored the first touchdown
Bengals to Broncos: "How'd you do that?"
Ouch. They probably still haven't recovered from that playoff loss to the Steelers 2 or 3 years ago.
8 quarters of football, at home, across 2 games the Bengals should have won walking away (not to worry, they'll get their asses handed to them next week in Green Bay), the fans and the players had had enough. After the pretty much the entire offense said, "I ain't playin' for that idiot no mo," the Offensive Coordinator was fired. Granted, they lost two major pieces of the offensive line in the offseason, but the play calling of the first two games have been breathtakingly bad. The Bengals have legit playmakers at WR, TE and RB, but the rare times their numbers are called it's for plays designed to gain 2-3 yards. There were half a dozen plays Thursday night where wide receivers weren't even covered by the defense, because everyone in the stadium could see the ol' flea-flicker draw play coming. It was embarrassing to watch as a football fan, and as a Bengals fan I still haven't let go of my blankie, binky and coloring book. Just shoot me.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ouch. They probably still haven't recovered from that playoff loss to the Steelers 2 or 3 years ago.
8 quarters of football, at home, across 2 games the Bengals should have won walking away (not to worry, they'll get their asses handed to them next week in Green Bay), the fans and the players had had enough. After the pretty much the entire offense said, "I ain't playin' for that idiot no mo," the Offensive Coordinator was fired. Granted, they lost two major pieces of the offensive line in the offseason, but the play calling of the first two games have been breathtakingly bad. The Bengals have legit playmakers at WR, TE and RB, but the rare times their numbers are called it's for plays designed to gain 2-3 yards. There were half a dozen plays Thursday night where wide receivers weren't even covered by the defense, because everyone in the stadium could see the ol' flea-flicker draw play coming. It was embarrassing to watch as a football fan, and as a Bengals fan I still haven't let go of my blankie, binky and coloring book. Just shoot me.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I'm too busy with my blanky and Binky right now .. man the Broncos handed the Cowboys their azz today!

Reactions: ntimevan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dalton might be done in Cinci. At times over his career he looked like a decent QB. But other times...yikes.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dalton might be done in Cinci. At times over his career he looked like a decent QB. But other times...yikes.
He's having a rough start to the year. Only 12 INTs all of last year, and 5 in the first game. In Thursday's game, no INTs, but there were 4 or 5 times AJ Green was wide open, and by wide open I mean nobody within 30 yards of him, and Dalton overthrew him by 10 and 20 yards. Hell, I could do that. If he doesn't shape up next week, or the week after for sure, them I'm all for putting AJ McCarron in there.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think AJ McCarron is pretty good. I was hoping the Lions would have drafted him to replace Stafford, but he has (Stafford)played better the last couple years.
I saw a headline to a story about maybe they should consider signing Kaepernick.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dalton went down with a jammed thumb for a few games and MCarron stepped in like a veteran quarterback.

The Bengals players are talking Kaepernick. Sooo that's gotta make Dalton feel good. No amount of negative media distraction can phase this team, not with Packman Jones and Vontaze Burfict on the roster. Kaepernick might even go unnoticed. <snort>

In 2012, a year after the 2011 Draft, Bengals owner Mike Brown said that he actually would have preferred to draft Kappernick, but offensive coordinator Jay Gruden preferred Dalton, so that's who the team drafted.

Dalton will be on a short leash with the new OC, and could get benched in a week or two if he doesn't bring it. This is, afterall, a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league. But I don't really see them hiring a 4th quarterback at this point in the season absent a major injury to Dalton or McCarron.

The Bengals were the first team since the 1939 Eagles to not score a touchdown through the first two weeks of a season when playing both games at home.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's pretty bad: Not scoring a touchdown in two consecutive home games.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Amazing how things start falling into place after only 2 weeks. A long way to go, but you start to see the teams that aren't improving at all! Quite a few 0-2 starts. Hope Giants can tame the Lions. I would guess Dallas fans are scratching their heads and wondering what the &#@$ happened? They should bounce back against Cards, if knot??

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Detroit Lions victorious against The Giants on Monday Night Football.
Hear them roar.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Turtle and Ragman