The 10spd Autoshift

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Hello Everyone,

My question is on the 10spd autoshfit trans. Although I am slightly familier with it, would like some input on using the auto over manual and how to get the best mpg from it. And is best to be in auto mode in heavy traffic (would the trans be doing more work in stop and go traffic in auto mode)

Thanks
Abejr:)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I personally would leave it in the automatic mode unless you are trying to control speed ect.
You may want to hold it in a specific gear for example while going down a steep grade.
As far as city driving, I would leave it in automatic unless your going slow enough that it would seldom advance to second gear.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
AbeJr

davekc

This is where my concern was (traffic) I am in the NYC area so there are times when traffic will be at a crawl, so long as I am able to keep a gear, then there is little worry about lugging the engine or bucking the truck while in auto mode correct?

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
That transmission is computer controlled so it will max out your mileage for you... Mine was absolutely flawless. Even in heavy traffic you could almost CRAWL and the truck would stay smoothe and wouldn't hop at all. That trans is the closest thing to a no-brainer that I've ever worked with. You'll love it. Don't worry about it and just let it do its job; it will make YOUR job more enjoyable.

Have fun out there - Scott

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the input scott, have'nt had real time in one to get fully familier with. So the more advice and info I get is a great help

Thanks
Abejr
(truck# comming soon):)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As mentioned, even in heavy traffic it will shift smooth. Should be very trouble free.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator