That's it, I can't do this anymore!!!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
More flatbedders do not use the rollover tarp system because
1) Cost
2) weight
3) don't always want to be 13'6". Accessibility and fuel economy concerns.
4) limits loads to what fits inside the tarping system.
5) some guys like to get tired,dirty,sweaty by tarping. You've seen at the counter.
Unless I had a customer I needed and couldn't service with the system it's the way I would open deck.
My little reefer I hope will keep me happy for what little time I have left out here. It beats working for a living.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Your new arrangement sounds like a smart move and as we all get older, Mother Nature tells us, we can't do certain things anymore, ( with or without an injury ) . With the ease of loading and unloading you now have, why do not more flat bed guys use your kind of setup?

After the initial cost of the trailer, many don't want to spend the 22K-25K for the tarp system.

moose

Veteran Expediter
I wondered why you got a new trailer, rather then just upgrade with a tarpoline system, seams like a good trailer. my carrier is a busy dealer for QuickDraw, and Roll Tite, many times i see flatbed O/O drop a trailer there for the shop to install a system on. i also witness the same when visiting QD in Detroit, most of the trailers they where building there are not new.
BTW, if you ever wish to advertize on the side of your trailer, let me know, i can get you some contacts, an advertisement contract, and a great place to do the installation. for example, there's a TV show that will probably work well for you "AirCrashInvestigation" (LoL)...

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
I wondered why you got a new trailer, rather then just upgrade with a tarpoline system, seams like a good trailer. my carrier is a busy dealer for QuickDraw, and Roll Tite, many times i see flatbed O/O drop a trailer there for the shop to install a system on. i also witness the same when visiting QD in Detroit, most of the trailers they where building there are not new.
BTW, if you ever wish to advertize on the side of your trailer, let me know, i can get you some contacts, an advertisement contract, and a great place to do the installation. for example, there's a TV show that will probably work well for you "AirCrashInvestigation" (LoL)...

Our other trailer was a 2006 all steel Transcraft with Apitong decking. It was depreciated out for taxes. Needed a new tax write off plus wanted a newer combo (steel/aluminum) trailer. Buying this trailer covered all the bases for our needs.Although its a 2008 Reinke, the original owners had just done a $6000 tarp cover replacement two months ago. Bonus for us! Carrier we are leased to does not allow outside advertisements. That's fine with us, they pay us well! :)