Thanks for the Good Week

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ATTENTION ANNIE! AND ALL OF THOSE ON THE ROAD.

Ok, we all tend to ***** when it ain't goin the way we think it should, I am right there with the best of them!!

Soooo.. I'd like to take a moment to thank , Those bidding on loads and the dispatchers for a Good Week. From 10/24 to 10/31, I was offered and accepted 8 loads, 1 turned out to be a dry run, the others were all moved. Not all were long hauls, and not all were the highest I have been paid, but when the week was over, I am more then happy with what Susan will put in my checking account.

I am setting in St. Louis MO. after dropping in Bowling Green Mo. and moved about 60 miles on my own, I did that to put myself in a better position to get a load sooner then sitting in Bowling Green. I wasn't left to set or asked to set, I choose to move here on my own. I am the only Van within 200 miles, I would think I'll move early AM Monday, which to tell you the truth, is all good with me, I need a darn good nights sleep or 2.

So Annie, please make it known, that yea, i'd like a bit more honesty all the time, but those same people are doing a good job and i wanted to say thanks, and not just *****,

Thanks to all involved. Chef Dennis Wilhelm- B441

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm, 55 looks at this time and not one of you can even say, 'yea dispatch and those looking for our loads do a good job from time to time", but we can line up to complain! :rolleyes:

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Well Chef, it is always appreciated when it is realized the hard work operations does. I have passed this thread along to our operations department so they can all see your kind words.

Thanks Chef!

iivan740

Seasoned Expediter
Hi chef,
i'm very new at expediting. I signed on with bolt the last week of October so I have no real experiance expediting, but the last two weeks have been good. The dispatchers and load planners have been keeping me driving, and they have been there when I needed them and have provided excellent support, so I second the praises and thank the bolt in house staff for their efforts.
Ivan B470

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Chef, glad to hear your doing well, I don't know how your doing it, the way things are going, I'm lucky to average 8 loads a month!! :( Right now, as of 11/16, that's all I'm averaging, 2 loads a week. And IF we're lucky, only about 1200 loaded miles/week. Won't even talk about deadhead miles. :(
I"m not the only one with the loads/miles decreasing. Talk regularly with a couple other Bolt CV drivers and their in the same boat.
Hope things keep going good for ya, holding my breath waiting for things to pick up.......

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey suds! I thinks its just a matter of the luck of the draw more then anything else! Today is what Thrusday, Monday, a run from detroit to atlanta. Tues, 2 small runs around the atlanta area. Weds a load back to detroit from atlanta. Today, after sleeping in my own bed after dropping in detroit at 2 am, I got a 110 mile run from tecumseh mi to norwalk oh.

If it keeps up, this week doesn't look bad. Oh, while in atlanta, i accepted a 500 mile run to naples fla, but when i got to the pickup, a 20 ft roll of carpet, wouldn't fit inside the truck, dry run..........

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
just amzing that no one said the load was 20 ft long!!! trying to get something for less. the old shell game.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL, Jack, the dock worker wanted to know if i wanted to just let it hang out the back or put it on the roof, for 562 miles!!!:confused:

Oh well on to bigger and better. Made a run for avon ohio to oshkosh wisc last night, gettin ready to take a nap now!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
LOL, Jack, the dock worker wanted to know if i wanted to just let it hang out the back or put it on the roof, for 562 miles!!!:confused:

sounds like it might have been done before. sop for carpet layers?

lets see....12 ft interior space, 8 ft of carpet out the doors, red rag tied on securly, and doors bungied together. sounds safe to me:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh well on to bigger and better. Made a run for avon ohio to oshkosh wisc last night, gettin ready to take a nap now!!

ahhhhhh to be up nort hey during deer/beer season. been to that ts last winter.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for another good week! I can not complain about how load planning and dispatch has worked to keep me busy. Yes there have been a few loads that weren't good, and 1 i just plain turned down as not worth the effort, but all in all, i am more then happy with how it is going.

Thanks`to all in Load Planning and Dispatch for the efforts you put in and job you all do!!