Thanks Again

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
Dear Driver Relations,

Thanks for" not" calling me back last evening...POD after my 300 miler for the week in Nashville to find 18 other vans at the time...Thought I'd call you and ask for an empty move however your were so busy that dispatch answered and sent email asking you to return my call.
It's cool, I moved myself... Deadheaded another 150 for the week, (thats 300 now) sitting on board with 8 more vans. Ya, I used my relocation tools... Every board within 300 miles is chock full (88 vans total currently) so I'm sure your busy answering the phone today too. Don't worry about calling me now you have your hands full! I'm sure dispatch will call soon in a day or two... Or three, but by then I'll prol be somewhere else after I drop another $90 in the tank. I'll keep you posted on the QC. No worries! Have a good day!!

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Dear Driver Relations,

Thanks for" not" calling me back last evening...POD after my 300 miler for the week in Nashville to find 18 other vans at the time...Thought I'd call you and ask for an empty move however your were so busy that dispatch answered and sent email asking you to return my call.
It's cool, I moved myself... Deadheaded another 150 for the week, (thats 300 now) sitting on board with 8 more vans. Ya, I used my relocation tools... Every board within 300 miles is chock full (88 vans total currently) so I'm sure your busy answering the phone today too. Don't worry about calling me now you have your hands full! I'm sure dispatch will call soon in a day or two... Or three, but by then I'll prol be somewhere else after I drop another $90 in the tank. I'll keep you posted on the QC. No worries! Have a good day!!

Bummer man, hopefully things will pick back up, where are you at now

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
Well I've been informed it's not a first in first out operation any longer. So basically Throw board position right out the window it's now truck closest to shipper wins the race mostly.
It's bad when five miles or so of deadhead they don't want to pay costs you another day sitting.

Last edited:

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Oh heck it was my understanding they have been doing that for quite a while now, with them paying for the deadhead, they want the closest truck

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
They need to send out a treasure hunting map and a crystal ball to all the drivers now then. That way we can know who will call and where we need to sit.
One day I'm told it's by position, next it's location, another there will say computer picks. I must be the only one who has issue with this so I'll shutty now. Lol

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I've been informed it's not a first in first out operation any longer. So basically Throw board position right out the window it's now truck closest to shipper wins the race mostly.

That's pretty much how it has been since I have been with Panther, unless there is several hours until pick up.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One day I'm told it's by position, next it's location, another there will say computer picks. I must be the only one who has issue with this so I'll shutty now. Lol

This is typical of the right head not knowing what the left head is saying and vice-versa. Welcome to Pantherville, take your shoes off, set a spell.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
It's been that way ever since we first started with Panther (2 years or so ago).

What i've done is that I look at our run book to see where we have picked up in that area and then try to get as close to those as I can safely and legally be.

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
The Computer pops up 3 possible trucks/van whatever that meet the needs of the shipper then it is dispatch's discretion. Sometimes you lose sometimes you lose. I very rarely get load offers when I get in the top 5 unless i am the only one on a board. Getting ****y about and complaining hardly garners much empathy. I have been offered 6 loads this week all totally less then 500 miles. Take the good take the bad and what ya got? the facts of life buddy.