Text Message Feature

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Does anyone else use the Text message option for when a load is sent to the Qualcomm?

It saved me on getting a load... I 'thought' I put myself on phone, but found out I didn't when I got the text saying there was a load on the Qualcomm :).

Worth the 20 cents to find out!

Dale

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Dale, we use this feature all the time. Our US Cellular gives us free incoming text but we have to pay for any outgoing.

As you mentioned, this little feature has saved us many times. One time we were next to a metal building getting loaded and our C-Link wasn't connecting. They sent out a pre-dispatch and we would not have received it in time if our phone didn't notify us about a load offer. We were able to call in and get on the load even though our C-Link didn't connect until we were well on our way.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dale, That is a great feature and at no cost to you unless you phone service charges you something it really is a no brainer. It has saved us many times also.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I have 2 phones,My text phone is different than the one I get dispatch to call on,but if I'm not in truck I'm always on phone.I never put myself on C-Link.Before the new system,I had the text thing going on,was a great idea, as I left the loads come on the C-Link.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I use it and have it sent to both my phone numbers just in case I'm in an area where one phone or the other doesn't have service.

aileron

Expert Expediter
I used to use this feature. Since the new 'load opportunity' was introduced and sometimes I have a difficulty understanding what the computer voice is sayng (not to mention that when you call back they ask for the load number, which I don't have and they cannot find the load another way), I though that the text message and the load info on c-link was the answer, but not so. A few times the text on the phone came 20 minutes later, and I lost the load. And this is not a cellphone problem.