Team showers at truck stops

mforrester62

New Recruit
Driver
Back when I was OTR in the TT and the wife road with, when I got fuel I got a free shower and she was able to share that with me. How is it now, being she will be teaming with me and one of the drivers? The post that I find on here about this are older and may not be relevant at this point.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back when I was OTR in the TT and the wife road with, when I got fuel I got a free shower and she was able to share that with me. How is it now, being she will be teaming with me and one of the drivers? The post that I find on here about this are older and may not be relevant at this point.
Most truck stops give a free shower for co-driver. I know Flying J/Pilot does for sure.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We use P/FJ as well. The kiosk will not issue a separate shower for teems without charging for both. Go to the counter, ask for a teem shower and two each showers are provided. We each have a rewards card for the same account as well.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
back when JuJu and I were out they didn't do a 2 for 1 thingee.....JuJu would go first and then text me "Ready" and i'd request another towel and she'd open the door....viola....shower..easy peasy...:)

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
50 gallons free shower at TA/Petro then you can get a team shower for it and use 2 showers and they are good for 10 days after you fuel. Love's goes on a monthly basis.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
At the TA/Petro when you book your shower go to the desk and ask for a team shower and they will assign another shower or just shower together. There are plenty of towels finally in one shower so no chasing down an attendant to get more towels.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I just go to the register, ask for a shower, use one shower credit and ask for a second towel set. Never had an issue?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

rgreider

New Recruit
Driver
OMG I love my husband, but showering together, absolutely not. TA, PETRO, Flying J, Pilot and Loves ALL give team showers, which means they'll split your one credit at the fuel desk. Get your private showers, for all that's holy!!!

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OMG I love my husband, but showering together, absolutely not

If you're thinking of both people crowding into the shower, that would be too much. Most of the time, however, folks don't do that. In our case, She showers first, while I do the other things, such as brushing my teeth, shaving, bagging the previous day's clothing, etc. Then it's my turn to get wet

There's also something to be said for seeing each other in the shower; helps keep the spark alive

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
OMG I love my husband, but showering together, absolutely not

If you're thinking of both people crowding into the shower, that would be too much. Most of the time, however, folks don't do that. In our case, She showers first, while I do the other things, such as brushing my teeth, shaving, bagging the previous day's clothing, etc. Then it's my turn to get wet

There's also something to be said for seeing each other in the shower; helps keep the spark alive
Hey!! TOO MUCH INFORMATION!! Please no more. Lol

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

Ditto with the Wornouts

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: Hummer53

TeamBigMac

Active Expediter
Driver
Me and the wife were being trained together. Our trainer would ask for a team shower and an extra towel. Me and her shared and he had his own. Loves/pilot-fj/ta-petro. Sapp brothers in Omaha even had a shower with 2 shower heads ;)

JerzyVan79

New Recruit
Driver
My wife and I will shower together if there is long wait for separate showers but, most Pilot/Flying Hook shower heads have wide water coverage to get on us both at same time if not wanting to stand around in your Birthday suit in the cold while impatiently waiting. I will not let this post get much more interesting then it could potentially get but, be advised many of the showers are tight and NOT designed for 1 person let alone 2 and lord knows you DO NOT want your naked shiny Heiny touching the wall or God forbid the shower curtain of death!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
My wife and I will shower together if there is long wait for separate showers but, most Pilot/Flying Hook shower heads have wide water coverage to get on us both at same time if not wanting to stand around in your Birthday suit in the cold while impatiently waiting. I will not let this post get much more interesting then it could potentially get but, be advised many of the showers are tight and NOT designed for 1 person let alone 2 and lord knows you DO NOT want your naked shiny Heiny touching the wall or God forbid the shower curtain of death!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
#USTOO @ twice your age

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app