Taking the first step

revensm

Active Expediter
Well me an wife are leaving next week to get our truck in missippi from expediter services an then drive to ohio for fedxcc orientation

Sent from my SGH-T889 using EO Forums mobile app

revensm

Active Expediter
Oh we plan to after all the reading we have done on this site. And wife has her notebook an pen ready to go

revensm

Active Expediter
Only thing about truck we know is 2012 cascadia automatic, fridge, microwave and generator. Im looking forward to being on road again an wife being with me an hopefully making a paycheck.

revensm

Active Expediter
Well I worked on truck s for yrs then went to school received my class a drove for awhile then wife received her class a then ww both moved to alabama to care for father full time last 3 yrs. Me an wife looking forward to work, travel an make a check again

revensm

Active Expediter
Im hoping that this cascadia is better than the prostar I drove otr. Also any advice or suggestions or help we can get to get back in the swing of things we would appreciate it. Also to all work smart be safe .

revensm

Active Expediter
Is there a truck stop near fedxcc orientation. Just dont want to get hotel an save alittle cash. If there is I hope it is decent this will be wifes first time out

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Expediters Services has a reputation for being very good at helping you learn the business.
You'll find yourself laying over with groups of expediters in some locations. Most will be talkative, and offer plenty of help and advice.
As with any group of truckers, don't believe everything you hear.
You'll figure out who is straight up quickly.
Learn to PM here. The Caffees know as much about Cascadias as anybody.
Teampiatt just went from drivers to owners at ES and have had enough "experiences" for two teams.
Good Luck, get your rest, and enjoy the ride.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is there a truck stop near fedxcc orientation. Just dont want to get hotel an save alittle cash. If there is I hope it is decent this will be wifes first time out

There is a TA in North Canton. Don't forget to log your training hours. They are logged on duty/not driving. Both will have to log.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
There's a TA in North Canton. Not impressive.
A little bit north is a Walmart, lots of food. One change is you can get away with parking a lot of places you wouldn't take that Prostar.
If you have $375 or so I'd highly recommend getting a Garmin dezl 760.
And the suggested routing that comes with your load is a general idea, not dock to dock directions.

revensm

Active Expediter
Thanks I have the garmin 560 for truckers an my galaxy cb an all my gear . trying to make her first trip educational an safe an comfortable

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My wife had trouble backing a car into a space 5 years ago.
Got her class A after 27 years of teaching, and has done great. Just take it slow at first. As she gets more comfortable, give her more responsibility.
That Garmin will become invaluable.

revensm

Active Expediter
Im just curiois while otr 3 yrs ago an even today in alabama I hardly ever see expediters in truck stops why is that

zorry

Veteran Expediter
You'll mostly see them in the busy shipping centers.
That will vary by company.
FedEx or ES will tell you where FedEx's hotspots are.