TA fuel discounts getting smaller

PlusServices

Seasoned Expediter
I have noticed that the fuel discounts offered from TA are shrinking. Even when we get a decent discount it's not what it was a few weeks ago. The big problem is that TA is usually 7 to 10 cents more per gallon than Love's or Pilot. So I think it's time to do a new matrix on fuel prices. You may want to check the discounts on each transaction, it is now listed on your T-Check report. Let me know what you think and how you are handling this issue. We have depended on this discount for some time now and I hate to loose it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have not noticed TA fuel being 7 to 10 cents per gallon higher. As to the discount, it seems to vary a lot by the location. We don't depend on the discount, it is looked on as a bonus. We tend to use the TA's and Petro's because of the Ultra One card.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I have not noticed TA's being higher in price and after looking at my fuel discounts for the last 10 transactions I was suprised at how large the discount is.
Most of my purchases were in the southeast.
I am happy with the discount and very happy with the new Ultra One program linking TA and Petro.

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have not noticed TA prices being 7-10 cents higher than other locations. The only two places that I have noticed the count to be substantially less is in NY at Binghamton and Pembroke.

One thing I have noticed for the past few months is that the discount rate you are actually charged is about 2.5 - 3 cents higher that the amount stated on the phone recording. I have asked about this several times but receive no meaningful response.

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very little savings at the TA in Barkeysville, PA. Less than 5 cents per gallon discount this eveing.:(