T-mobile sucks

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The subject line says it all. Do yourself a favor and do NOT sign up with these *******s. You will regret it. If you depends on your phone to get loads, it will cost you more than the monthly fees.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well their network rely's on Sprint networks. Does that answer your question??:rolleyes:

T-Mobile works off of some of AT&T's towers not Sprint. Anytime you are on a roaming partners network your service can be limited and you will not have access to all of their towers.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
T-Mobile works off of some of AT&T's towers not Sprint. Anytime you are on a roaming partners network your service can be limited and you will not have access to all of their towers.

Who do you think own's Sprint???

Maybe this will help. <http://seekingalpha.com/article/259949-at-t-does-sprint-a-favor-by-taking-t-mobile>
Doesn't have anything to do with roaming.

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I meant to say that T-mobile operates off of At&t like you stated. Sprint was to buy T-mobile but backed out. But the reason their service stinks is because of At&t. The worst service in America.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Tmobile works off a different technology than Sprint.

Anyway, the problems with tmobile are that my calls frequently go directly to voicemail without ringing on my end, and sometimes I don't get notification for hours. By then, of course, the load is long gone. Today, dispatch said, "Tell Tmobile they just cost you $750."

In addition, I got a text from tmo today telling me I just went over 2 gb for the billing cycle...which just started like 5 or 6 days ago. No way have I used 2 gb in that time. Not even .5 gb. So when I call then, can I get a human? Nope.

Going to be able Verizon customer when I get home. Being stuck in Texas, that could be a while though.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I have always said you get what you pay for. So far Verizon has worked everywhere for me but two places. W.Virginia in a couple of areas and along the mexican border in Texas coming from El Paso to Laredo. I give Verizon to my drivers also with a Verizon hot spot for their computers. It works out well. Had Sprint for about a year but could not call half the time, very aggravating.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I just picked up a Motorola Triumph android phone with Virgin Mobile. 4.1 in screen, 300 minutes a month and unlimited data and text for $35 a month. And no contract. Phone was $299 and I use it in the states and my iPhone in Canada.

Motorola Triumph Android Smartphone | Virgin Mobile

I'm with Verizon now(family share plan with wife) and happy with them, but before that I was with Virgin mobile and was quite happy with them and might go back if Verizon gets rid of the unlimited data.
Virgin had good coverage

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Had TMobile for a very short time. Service sucked. Boost isn't any better. Had bad service at the J in Rock Hill, SC with Verizon and the J in Spiceland, IN.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Whose towers do they run off of? Sprint, isn't it? I had Nextel and then Boost before now, and got rid of them because of pathetic Sprint coverage.

Looked it up Virgin does run of Sprint towers, but their coverage seems so much better than the crappy Nextel I had
Wonder if different phones have better signals

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Looked it up Virgin does run of Sprint towers, but their coverage seems so much better than the crappy Nextel I had
Wonder if different phones have better signals

Different phones will have a difference in signal. Nextel was taken over by Sprint and they never gave full service to Nextel customers so they could get them to change over to Sprint products and plans. Verizon is doing the same in the takeover of Alltel.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Different phones will have a difference in signal. Nextel was taken over by Sprint and they never gave full service to Nextel customers so they could get them to change over to Sprint products and plans. Verizon is doing the same in the takeover of Alltel.

Only reason I had Nextel was for the direct connect, that the companies I ran for used, but the signal was so bad that I ended up using my Verizon phone alot to call them.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Only reason I had Nextel was for the direct connect, that the companies I ran for used, but the signal was so bad that I ended up using my Verizon phone alot to call them.

The strange thing is Verizon has Push To Talk and I was advised Verizon had the idea first but the idea was taken through a corporate spy, which I know things like that do happen in the industry.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
The strange thing is Verizon has Push To Talk and I was advised Verizon had the idea first but the idea was taken through a corporate spy, which I know things like that do happen in the industry.

Yeah, one place I worked tried the Verizon push to talk on some sample phones they gave us, wasn't set up as nice as Nextels, can't really recall what was different but it was, Verizon doesn't really advertize it. Nextel pretty much has the monopoly on it.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Had TMobile for a very short time. Service sucked. Boost isn't any better. Had bad service at the J in Rock Hill, SC with Verizon and the J in Spiceland, IN.

Boost is quite a bit worse, coverage-wise, and it was impossible to get a human on the phone without an act of Congress.

I wouldn't mind tmobile if my calls would go through to my phone instead of voicemail. I've lost several loads like that in the last 3 months.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I'm with Verizon now(family share plan with wife) and happy with them, but before that I was with Virgin mobile and was quite happy with them and might go back if Verizon gets rid of the unlimited data.
Virgin had good coverage

If Virgin runs off Sprint towers, there's no way they can have good coverage.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The discriminating expedter uses Verizon for cell phone and Internet data, sturgeon caviar on their footlong Subways, and Grey Poupon on their Pilot hot dogs. Everybody else is just a bunch a redneck truckers.