System change/enhancement

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did another Mac 19 at 1108 this morning 10 large str position 2

Did another at 1153 6 large str still 2 in position.

Called dispatch and I was told yep the system is not working.

Oh well was out 2 weeks so I'll just take this weekend off since there are no loads and give it another crack on Monday! Have a good weekend everyone!

Slacker...:p it is only noontime?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol I know it's early. I was out 2 weeks anyways so I can capitalize since I'm here and spend some time with the kids!

Hopefully this will give someone else that's up in this area a chance for a nice weekend run!

A whole 2 weeks? Part timer...*lol*

you are as bad as Chef our other "recreational expediter"....hahaha...

Have a great weekend, they won't be kids forever, enjoy while ya can...:D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
They found a glitch with the programing yesterday. The programmer was out until Monday to correct it, so make sure you stay in touch with dispatch. Sorry the road of progress has potholes.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
what is it we tell our kids?

Don't do as I do...just do as I say....*LOL*

LMAO! I once knew a very good heart surgeon. He drank like a fish smoked like a chimney and ate the most greasy food on the face of the earth,so much that you grease a truck with it. I called him out on it and he gave me same line!

He'd say shut up kid! Do as I say not as I do! Lol I miss that ol guy

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
FYI - we are experiencing a number of issues with the modification. It seems to be causing more harm than it is helping at this point. We may be pulling this system change out if they can not get it rectified. :mad:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
FYI - we are experiencing a number of issues with the modification. It seems to be causing more harm than it is helping at this point. We may be pulling this system change out if they can not get it rectified. :mad:

No worries John .... you did say "the road to progress has pot holes" :p

Thank you for trying :)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I did a dry run to Brampton last night and noticed the LA reset to 0. Being new to qualcomm I don't know if this is the norm or part of the problem we're having. Just a heads up in case you were unaware.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I did a dry run to Brampton last night and noticed the LA reset to 0. Being new to qualcomm I don't know if this is the norm or part of the problem we're having. Just a heads up in case you were unaware.

Yes, the system will do that. If it generates revenue on an order, it will reset. That would be another good enhancement, but I can't get the first one to work right!!!!!! :mad:

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Yes, the system will do that. If it generates revenue on an order, it will reset. That would be another good enhancement, but I can't get the first one to work right!!!!!! :mad:

Just keep everyone 1 spot above OVM.......... Ok I gotta get out of here now........ Lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok, we have yanked the modification/enhancement for now and reverted back to the original programming. We were having nightmares and the confusion/frustration for the staff and drivers was just too much.

We are not giving up on it. We are going to have Steve Briggs work with the programmers to try and reprogram it from scratch and test it in a test set up. Stay tuned.

I am sorry to everyone and especially anyone who may have missed a load opportunity because of this. :(

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't envy anyone having to work with programmers. Those dudes are just plain weird. :eek;