Synthetic blend motot oil

hossfly2

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
I am using synthetic motor oil in my 35000 chevy van ,I am considering changing to synthetic blend, has any one tried this , and how has it worked for you.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I use the Castrol Hypuron 15W40 Synthetic blend oils, Its an extended drain, longer service interval oil blend thats superior to many on the market. Ive used Castrol oils on most of my trucks and cars, The straight synthetic isnt really needed unless your doing Mountain driving daily, or Deserts, or places where your instilling Hi heat or cold in extended intervals etc, Racing isnt the only use of Synthetics...Bulldozers, and Jet Engines etc...But Ive had good luck with the Hypuron Blend, you can use 15W40 or 10W30....Castrol....John Force cant be wrong he won 15 Funny car champion ships sing Castrol.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I don't use a synthetic "blend" but i usea 100% synthetic oil..I use Ams oil. I started using it in my Cargo Van at 95,000 miles, I changed the oil in my new Cargo Max 6.0 chevrolet gas motor at 475 miles and use the Ams Oil and change it between 15,000 and 20,000 miles..if you use synthetic and don't extend your oil change mileage, you are wasting your money..it is designed to go far longer then "Dino" oil...

Oh, use a good "Extended" life oil filter also,, and you will be fine