Surrrounded them Sir

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
0606011956_0001.jpgkevin star2.jpgAs other Teams sat amoungest themselves on there Lap tops Yesterday I went and worked out a spell.

Ran 2 miles in 9 min
150 sit ups in 2 min
100 pushups in 2 min.

That being as I was cooling down getting ready to hit the shower Mom reminded me I had a Birthday comming up this year.
My Brother who is younger than me was at the house he inquired my time on the 2 miles and then how many pushups and situps in the timed 2 min catagories.
Simply stated by a former SEMPERFI Recon Marine kevin your not a day over 20 yet. Put it plain and simple my run and the push up and the sit ups were that of 18 to 20 year old outstandings catagories. a far cry from the true age that of which I am.
If you must know I will be 49 this year. But since I have not slowed down and comming from my younger brother simply put Your have the stamana of 20 year old.
Ya Im just a farm Boy from Iowa.
HOOORAAAAAAAA Dino

Last edited:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I'm all for staying in shape.....or at least I used to be!

But, 2 Miles in 9 minutes is a bunch of Hoooopla. I was the second Fastest 2 mile runner in my MP Brigade back in 85-86. My best time was 9:35. Only 1 guy was quicker...a Black Guy named Shelby who happened to run track in High School and held his States time records for many long distance runs. His 2 mile run time was 9:14. We both set our records with our Brigade on the same day. It was almost a dead sprint the whole 2 miles, but he had "More" in him than I did there close to the end......and I just watched him slowly pull away as we were getting closer to the end of the 2 mile run.

Not gonna pick on ya there IRT cause you do have a record of coming up with some off the wall broo-ha-ha.....but a 49 year old who sits in a Truck the majority of the day running a 2 miler in 9 minutes.....Yeah.....Right.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Better take a closer Look its not hoopya I work out all the time.
Im 48 and will be 49 this year.
I dont sit idel in a truck then go warm a seat in the Petro Movie rooms.
Im bored right now and fixen to go work out.
Yes I Ran 2 miles in 9 min. last night that not unusual for me.
But then again LIKE I said I Run all the time. I usualy run 5 to 7 miles I also do sprints. I run and train just like I did in the Service. Not many out here do
and if you care to time me I'lll oblige you.
Since you say your in shape I take that as a challenge So your on.

Ill be working out here in abit.
Im hungry and looking forward to having a snack.

Last edited:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Fastest 2 mile run record in the world was set by some Kenyan at a time of 7 minutes, 58.61 seconds.

Fastest 2 mile run record by a woman in the world is 8 minutes 58 seconds.

So what you're trying to tell is that we have a world class 2 mile runner amongst our midst???

And.....he's an "Expeditor" at that!!:rolleyes:

Cough....Cough....Bulllls.......Cough......Cough........

You're still OK in my book though.......:)

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That being as I was cooling down getting ready to hit the shower Mom reminded me I had a Birthday comming up this year.

It must be nice to have a mother that reminds you that you have a birthday coming up this year. My mom is dead, but she used to remind me to do my homework, brush my teeth, mind my manners etc., but I don't believe she ever reminded me that I had a birthday coming this year. Somehow, buried deep in my brain I knew that birthdays were an annual event.

I have a friend who recently celebrated her 6th birthday. She's a Leap Year baby so she has an excuse for not remembering if she has a birthday "coming up this year." While keeping your body in shape is commendable, the old United Negro College pitch line comes into play here: "The mind is a terrible thing to waste." Another less famous line comes to mind: "Strong like bull, smart like bulldozer."

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
"The mind is a terrible thing to waste." Another less famous line comes to mind: "Strong like bull, smart like bulldozer."

Certainly, in that vast book of quotes which you possess, must also be the not-so-famous, "sweet like a cupcake", no?

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Bull Dozzers so that be a D-9 D-7 D-6 Hmm, I know how to run them all. After beeing bulldozzed over I also know how to run a scrapper as well. For Real.
Like the Smoke & Mirrors so are the Key Boards Wizzards here. poof be gone.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's one for you Kevmar. Its a Guy Clark song, Heavy Metal. Sorry, I couldn't find a video so you'll have to read the lyrics.

Heavy Metal
Some days I think this old machine is out to get me
Some days she does what I tell her
It's like dancing with a widow-maker forty hours a week
You know I'm talkin' 'bout a big ol' D-10 caterpillar

I don't know why I like to drive 'em like I do
You know it ain't nothin' but a
Hundred and seventy-five thousand pounds of steel
Could be the money, babe, could be the power
Could be I love the way it feels, could be I love the way it feels

But you know she's mighty unforgivin', so you got to pay attention
You know a D-10 can be the death of you