Supreme Spartan Body

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Getting quotes for my new van and believe I have finally settled on a replacing my current Chevy Express Van with another that has the 12' Supreme Spartan body. Looking to see how satisfied any of you are that have purchased a unit with the Supreme Spartan body. Are they holding up well, gas mileage hit, any other pertinent info I should know?

Thanks,
Jim

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Getting quotes for my new van and believe I have finally settled on a replacing my current Chevy Express Van with another that has the 12' Supreme Spartan body. Looking to see how satisfied any of you are that have purchased a unit with the Supreme Spartan body. Are they holding up well, gas mileage hit, any other pertinent info I should know?

Thanks,
Jim

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Check with Guido he has a Spartan box on his ford cutaway and he loves it.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I met guys with that setup that really like it a lot. Only complaint is it gets blown around a lot on windy days, so driving or trying to sleep could/can be an issue

DST001

Expert Expediter
I have 2013 gmc srw unicel cut away and I love it it gets around 17/18 mpg some times more sometimes less with a head wind I have 65, 500 miles on her just did a run to sc and got great mpg down and back so I think the engine is starting to break in . I use all synthetic fluids which helps with the mpg and engien/ trany wear the van doesn't blow around more than my sprinter I would have to say a bit less. I woud recommend that you insulate the box walls and roof it gets cold at night in the summer and cuts down on the noise quite a bit just my 2cents worth I hope this helps out .

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have 2013 gmc srw unicel cut away and I love it it gets around 17/18 mpg...
Thanks DST! Could you share some more info with us? Is this the Unicel CW body? 12 or 14 footer? What engine and rear axle ratio? Roll-up or full swing doors? Did you spec the chassis and box or buy as is? Is there anything you would change if you could? What was the empty weight before you insulated, etc?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the direction this industry is going...IMO...MPG's first...keep that CPM as low as you can...that is IF you want to make a "reasonable" living at this....

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I love mine ...12' w/ roll up door...2010 Chevy chassis. .6.0 L ..6spd..
I like it because to up fit the inside was easy because everything is square. .I framed the inside with 2x2's .wired..spray foamed ..and paneled ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

DST001

Expert Expediter
I have the 12 foot version with the swing out doors it already came with wood paneling on the side walls with e track the only thing I have done is use half inch styrofoam on the walls and the ceiling and put wood paneling on the ceiling I have the 4.8 engine 6 speed transmission I don't know what the rear end is. The only thing I would change is I would add two more feet for a permanent sleeper the 14 foot version wasn't available for me to buy at the time I don't think they are available in Canada yet I hope this helps

cubevanman

Active Expediter
I also have a gmc with the 12 supreme box with swing doors. I absolutely love it. Mine has the 4:11 gears I wish it had the 3:73 for highway mileage.
I agree with the insulation ..insulate it from the start. . I also recommend buying the bullydog gauge tuner for it.:thumbup:

DST001

Expert Expediter
I forgot to add the weight was 9, 900 when I got it from the dealer the insulation probably is an extra 2lbs and it has the stock rear end 4.11 . I have loaded her up with 3, 000 lbs and she pulled like a champ no problems with the 4.8 I just did 25, 000 mi oil change with amsoil the oil came out a nice light brown color and had lots of lube to it. The oil change cost me $80 for 1 case of oil and 2 filters $40 for 3 months worth of running can't get any cheaper than that !

DST001

Expert Expediter
Thanks Moot I've been busy and didn't have time to check the web for the gvwr I just remember the sales guy telling 9, 900 gvwr and I could load up to 3, 700 lbs in the back all tho I wouldn't too heavy I hate loading 3, 000lbs in it still pulls like a champ tho

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
1600 gallons of fuel ..I have averaged 16 mpg with mine..

1628 rpm @ 64 mph

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1407199315070.jpg
    1407199315070.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 30