Summertime

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, it's like the border loads and deciding how long to stay. IMO, the expedite loads are mainly feeding the finished or assembled freight loads that come out TL or LTL usually. Still IMO, there will never be enough expedited coming OUT of Mexico to feed the trucks dropping all those loads at the border and waiting empty. NEVER.

I'll unload in Canton and go to sleep...if dispatch can't find anything by the time I awaken and have my coffee...I am outta there...I'll NOT invest a lot of time into an area that produces little....even if a load comes up with our rates we will never win the bids with the amount of cheapees always coming in...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I 've heard stories of a guy who unload in Canton ....and DH to Shreveport. ...lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
back on track.....I use one of them 100$ Walmart window AC's...5,000 btu....with my 2000 watt generator...if it gets that hot then I am headed to a room...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
X2 on 5000 window ac and generator. ...if in Laredo its the AC drivers lounge at the office....:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Isnt a Low pro ac unit more than an ESPAR? Its hard to think about being hot when Im cold lol

Not even close unless you want to add the price of the generator.

You can get rooftop ac for a couple hundred more than a good portable unit. If your going to have the van a few years it is the way to GI.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
No wonder I see so many Bolt vans with window units. Wonder how many BTUs I can support with a 2000 watt generator.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No wonder I see so many Bolt vans with window units. Wonder how many BTUs I can support with a 2000 watt generator.

Many AC's are different....some can support up to 12,000 BTU's others can not....it is all in the power surge....I have a 10,000 btu floor model ac and it kicks the generator out and yet another model 10,000 btu does not...

this one works with the Honda 2000....

http://www.compactappliance.com/Edg...ml?cgid=Air_Quality-Portable_Air_Conditioners

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Its easier to stay warm than it is to stay cool...why my $$$ is gen & ac ...and staying cool always seemed to be more of a problem when I started out...so that's where I focused...and just as important as the heating and cooling equipment is ...INSULATION is just as important...I can stay n my truck in July in Laredo with a 6000 btu a/c...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its easier to stay warm than it is to stay cool...why my $$$ is gen & ac ...and staying cool always seemed to be more of a problem when I started out...so that's where I focused...and just as important as the heating and cooling is ...INSULATION is just as important...I can stat in my truck in July in Laredo with a 6000 but a/c...

if I cover up all the glass....in the heat of the day and partition off the unused space I too can stay in van....depends on ones tolerance....

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
if I cover up all the glass....in the heat of the day and partition off the unused space I too can stay in van....depends on ones tolerance....

I have an actual insulated wall and door separating the cargo /sleeping area from the cab...I can tolerate 80 deg. Inside When its 100+ outside

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
If I knew what little I know now about expediting back last August I'd be that much better off.

But the more layers you wear of light fabric supposed keeps you cooler than being naked. Also heard 7 thick blankets is bad because your bad uses so much energy trying to heat them all you stay cold. Not saying what I heard thru the grape vine is scientific only that I heard it

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter

That right there was my problem in canton! My dad who's 5'10 185 handles heat very well, he says he doesn't mind being hot in the least. I on the other hand 6'2 325 handle cold better...I'm guessing my insulation layers I gathered during my 14 years of playing offensive and defensive line in football. I can sleep in a tshirt and basketball shorts and just a regular comforter until about 20 degree without my van on. My dad on the other wrapped in a fleece blanket when it was 75

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have a high tolerance for the cold...and a VERY low tolerance for the heat..some are opposite ...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
That right there was my problem in canton! My dad who's 5'10 185 handles heat very well, he says he doesn't mind being hot in the least. I on the other hand 6'2 325 handle cold better...I'm guessing my insulation layers I gathered during my 14 years of playing offensive and defensive line in football. I can sleep in a tshirt and basketball shorts and just a regular comforter until about 20 degree without my van on. My dad on the other wrapped in a fleece blanket when it was 75

Bingo!!