Summertime! Yup, it's July

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No .... idling their van ... not generator ...
even generator will cost $12 to 14 dollars a day ... running AC

hauling freight from a Pond near you
Ouch idling the van, yeah that don't make sense. My generator is pretty efficient, at most I would need 2 gallons of gas a day to run A/C, fridge, TV.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I avoided the heat in El Paso when my load going there was canceled. Instead I got a load to the heat in central Florida. But that means I got to spend the night at my home near Orlando where my wife is a flirty waitress and I don't have to tip.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
2af5dbfab4e847243450d51dc86476d9.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No .... idling their van ... not generator ...
even generator will cost $12 to 14 dollars a day ... running AC

Ouch idling the van, yeah that don't make sense. My generator is pretty efficient, at most I would need 2 gallons of gas a day to run A/C, fridge, TV.

even my Honda Gen only got about 5-6 hrs a gallon....that equates to almost $10.00 a day and I'd be no where near 68 degrees in van....and then the cost to maintain the thing...Idle air makes more sense when possible...and its tax deductable...

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
even my Honda Gen only got about 5-6 hrs a gallon....that equates to almost $20.00 a day and I'd be no where near 68 degrees in van....and then the cost to maintain the thing...Idle air makes more sense when possible...and its tax deductable...
Glad I didn't go with a Honda

My Math is crappy...should have read $10.00 give or take....Really 24 hrs at FULL run and you only burn 2 G's?...what kind of A/C unit tho? makes a world of difference they say...whats your inside temp? do you cool the whole inside, cab to rear door?...I know a 10,000 btu is crap in 100 degree weather....at full run about 84 is the best I could achieve...
I know some guys block off the cab area where all the glass is and only cool 1/2 the van....then that would be cheaper to run AC greatly

Last edited:
Reactions: in-Transit

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last day of the month I could stay home another day and use it as an excuse or the market is slamming and I should go into service ..... decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
even my Honda Gen only got about 5-6 hrs a gallon....that equates to almost $10.00 a day and I'd be no where near 68 degrees in van....and then the cost to maintain the thing...Idle air makes more sense when possible...and its tax deductable...

The cost of the generator, the fuel/oil for the generator and the maintenance of the generator is all tax deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

The cost of the generator, the fuel/oil for the generator and the maintenance of the generator is all tax deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
10/4 stranger....back in service yet good buddy?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
never ever quit when on a roll.....go with it till the brick wall pops up....
Rolls .... sure mention food when i havn't had breakfast yet .... might be alittle while before i eat ... currently sitting in the middle of a 20 truck line waiting to enter shippers to pickup freight ...

quite sure there are many would swap thier 20th in line for a shower for a load...LOL