Summertime! Yup, it's July

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Begging for Tips?

After a nice sleep, I took a shower at Pilot. While finishing up getting my coffee, I hear a voice from across the store from the shower cleaner employee. "Tips, Tips, did you leave a tip for the shower?".
I figured I had to of heard wrong, I said what? He repeated it.
I was so shocked that a employee would be calling out for a tip, I was speechless. This was definitely a first for me.

While paying for my coffee, the cashier asked the usual "how are you doing today". I said fine, until I got hit up for a tip from the shower cleaner guy. I explained what happened, she told another employee and apologized for that.

I felt this was really unprofessional. All I kept thinking was, dang bad enough I have to deal with beggers outside, now from a employee

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stayed up till 5am with the wife like we were kids. Creeps up on you in this job; got to know the stranger I live with again

Reactions: RedBird

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Begging for Tips?

After a nice sleep, I took a shower at Pilot. While finishing up getting my coffee, I hear a voice from across the store from the shower cleaner employee. "Tips, Tips, did you leave a tip for the shower?".
I figured I had to of heard wrong, I said what? He repeated it.
I was so shocked that a employee would be calling out for a tip, I was speechless. This was definitely a first for me.

While paying for my coffee, the cashier asked the usual "how are you doing today". I said fine, until I got hit up for a tip from the shower cleaner guy. I explained what happened, she told another employee and apologized for that.

I felt this was really unprofessional. All I kept thinking was, dang bad enough I have to deal with beggers outside, now from a employee

I have never been hit up for a tip from a shower attendent ... however if asked if i would like an extra towel or wash cloth before showering and its clean and dry inside when i enter ... a dollar or two tip doesn't bother me ... but i tip them in person and not just leave by sink...

hauling freight from a Pond near you

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I've only tip once, maybe twice that I can remember, never been ask for a tip. I've seen drivers tip the guys who clean the showers and just SMH. The only reason I tip the one time is the young man and his girlfriend was having a baby and he ask PFJ for all the hours they could give him cause he wanted to provide for them.

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just read an article that said Republicans and Old White Guys tip the best. I've always been a fairly good tipper. I figure anyone taking care of my needs probably needs it more than me. To be honest I don't know how some of these people survive on a low hourly wage so. I would much rather give some money to a person working a job than a grifter working the parking lot

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just read an article that said Republicans and Old White Guys tip the best. I've always been a fairly good tipper. I figure anyone taking care of my needs probably needs it more than me. To be honest I don't know how some of these people survive on a low hourly wage so. I would much rather give some money to a person working a job than a grifter working the parking lot

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app
I can agree with that, my wife did uber for a little while and she took a republican to the airport ( said he had something to do with the party) and he gave her a $50 tip, for a $10 ride that was a hell of a tip!!!!

Sent from my SM-G530T using EO Forums mobile app

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning sleepy heads....another 100 degree day on tap....:)

db0e597d7934e63c2b6ffa45320043bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Must be discount freight rates in Houston...sitting here as a team and seems the rates must be low. Betting people moved here from Laredo and are taking loads for cost of fuel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
Texas is historically slow, and it's really bad right now. I've bid loads today at rates that would embarrass a cube driver, and I'm sitting (El Paso). IMHO, the trick is to bid cheap but not go too far. Why the hell should we go to Detroit or wherever for 50¢? OKC or Tulsa is far enough!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1 offer at 2pm.today ....Mn. to Nc.... 1200 lm... 2 day delivery .. no go ....

2nd offer at 8pm tonight ... 200 dh .. 140 lm... direct to NW Iowa .. no thanks ... i will sleep at Home again tonight ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After delivering in Canton MS Monday morning, got a load to Moultrie GA. Couldn't decide where I wanted to go last night so slept at the Walmart. In the past I've been pretty lucky getting loads along the Florida border, but I might just head towards Atlanta. Still haven't decided, first things first, morning coffee before it gets too hot out

Reactions: ntimevan