Suggested companies Please!

busop1

Seasoned Expediter
I am buying a straight truck to put on for a team with what I prefer to be a smaller company I think?? I say this primarily because I prefer NO Qualcomm and any other unneeded forced monthly expenses. Can everyone please give suggestions on what you believe to be some great smaller companies out there right now that might be a good fit and please tell all that you can about the companies you suggest??? Especially helpful would be a contact number for them if you have it or at least the city/state they are out of. Thanks so much!!

FYI: My team is a friend and his wife who have ask me to put them in a truck. He has 6 months expedite exp from about two yrs ago driving for me also at that time as a favor to me until I could sell a truck I was trying to sell. He knows business is not what it was then but he also drove solo then, and now would be team. They want to be on road and dont have any car payments and wont have any house/rent payments. So they are looking to save up some money by driving.

All input is appreciated but please be on topic about good small companies worth looking into???

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Oncedrove... I didn't know you were on with C&M. I will agree they are the best small carrier, IMO; but not necessarily for someone just getting in the biz.

When you call, ask for Mark. He's not a recruiter, as much as he is an orientation guy. Mark will tell you the straight scoop, and little else. He'll be bluntly honest about income averages, whether they can use your truck or not, etc.

When I say it's not a company for noobs, I mean it's a company, again IMO, that prefers those who know the game. Don't get me wrong, dispatch is more than helpful... when you know what questions to ask. They are also the best dispatch in the biz!

Now, having said that, they're going to get an influx of trucks to create competition for me. I need to learn to keep my darn mouth shut! LOL