Such professionalism we have in Baseball

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You make a million or two a year playing with a stick and ball in a sport that is federally protected and limited so your competition is nothing to worry about. You play against other professionals who have been part of a rivalry for years, decades but you can’t bring yourself to being an adult when children are involved – how ######## pathetic has this sport become.

From the Boston Herald –

Griffin Whitman, a 10-year-old Red Sox fan from Swampscott, was excited to attend his first Yankees vs. Red Sox game Friday night. The young autograph -collector was even more thrilled to score Yankees outfielder Shelley Duncan’s signature before the game. That is, until Griffin read the message from the 27-year-old rookie:

“Red Sox suck! Shelley Duncan.â€

“It was cool to get his autograph,†Griffin said. “It didn’t make me feel happy when he wrote that.â€

Griffin’s mother, Karen, blasted the Yankees slugger’s bad manners.

“This is someone who wears the Yankee uniform and is on the payroll and should be setting an example for 10-year-olds,†she said.

Duncan, son of St. Louis Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan, has become a fan favorite in the Bronx for hitting mammoth home runs since he was called up from the minors in July.

But that is not all.

My favorite player Barry 'who cares about the fans I am making the money' Bonds said yesterday about the guy who bought the record ball "He's stupid. He's an idiot. He spent $750,000 on the ball and that's what he's doing with it?"

Tie this with this contemptuous attitude toward the last guy who asked for his autograph and you got a very unprofessional a**hole.

I say we are stupid to put up with Barry Bonds and Baseball. Who cares about his record or the sport anymore – we seriously need to look at lifting the exemption from baseball.