Straight Truck start up

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
If one or more of the more experienced Straight truck owners could tell me where I would look here or of a Web site where I might find Start up information it would be greatly appreciated. As in types of Plates, fees, advance taxes any other costs besides the obvious Vehicle maintenance, Insurance, items needed in the Truck for safety & securing. Thank you.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's a lot of variables here. Much of what you ask about will vary from state to state. How heavy will the truck be? New or used? A good place to start would be the IRP office of the state you live in.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know of any website that provides a checklist of costs. You should go to the OOIDA website and get their cpm spreadsheet and join also if you aren't already a member. The spreadsheet will list pretty much all the categories of expenses you'll need to plan for and account for. For most of your other questions you'll find the answers scattered about here, in the general, newbies and recruiter forums. You'll just have to read back a year or two to find them all.

MightTry

Seasoned Expediter
I fell onto this site today doing research also. Expediter Training
Its a school but it does have some freebie stuff just to get an idea. Answered some basic questions I had not thought of yet.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Thank you to all. I have found a Fleet owner on this site who has been very generous with his time and knowledge of the In's & outs of what to expect. Also I don't anticipate going for a Straight Truck before March of 2009.