storm coming this week end

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
keep eye on the storm that is coming up the eastern sea board, make plan's for it as they don't know how or where it is going to go

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The track just got worse for you Geo....it tracked a bit more west....which pretty much puts it right near you coming up the coast....somewhere between SC and NC looks to be ground zero at the moment....

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
thank you, now it is more east and only get a lot of rain

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Our house and business (Daytona Beach, FL area) are likely to sustain a direct hit from Category 4 Hurricane Matthew. As we prepare and I watch others prepare, I am mindful of the FEMA and other disaster-relief runs Diane and I did as expediters. At the time, we knew we were doing important work. Now part of a community that is about to be on the receiving end of the good work expediters do, it is far more clear how very important this work is.

People will be preoccupied with the needs of the moment when your trucks roll in and they may not offer many thank-yous. But with our soon to be disaster area perspective, I want to salute and thank those of you who will be doing this work.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our house and business (Daytona Beach, FL area) are likely to sustain a direct hit from Category 4 Hurricane Matthew. As we prepare and I watch others prepare, I am mindful of the FEMA and other disaster-relief runs Diane and I did as expediters. At the time, we knew we were doing important work. Now part of a community that is about to be on the receiving end of the good work expediters do, it is far more clear how very important this work is.

People will be preoccupied with the needs of the moment when your trucks roll in and they may not offer many thank-yous. But with our soon to be disaster area perspective, I want to salute and thank those of you who will be doing this work.
Stay safe you two.....

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Our house and business (Daytona Beach, FL area) are likely to sustain a direct hit from Category 4 Hurricane Matthew.

Its shaping up to hit hard from everything I read. Hope your ( and everyone) is well on your way to getting out of harms way.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The Low will push it out to sea might get GA out skirts maybe SC and its Speeding up so that means its loosing strength. When it slow they build. Peace.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They say a Rain Shower we shall see. Love the stormy Weather!!!

Attachments

• 12647067_1202009823160702_8597602040588697969_n.jpg
    12647067_1202009823160702_8597602040588697969_n.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 20

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
right now were getting a lot of rain here in Hampton roads Va
stopped for a bit, watch out for high water on roads, in parts of this area
water is deep don't drive thru it as you could lose the your unit
due to high water

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Hampton roads, va, police have said keep off of roads,
They are closed, up to 10" of rain in area's

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
In Newport news with out power on genset right now,
Lost power at 0130 today
We now have power back at 1400, still people with out power
Still have some wind
There are a lot of street's still flood
Tree's down in area , power lines down
Here in Hampton roads va

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I closed our business and evacuated to a relative's home inland as the hurricane approached. We returned to a business that was untouched and a home that was slightly damaged. Other homes in the neighborhood sustained major damage but no homes were a total loss. Had the eye of Hurricane Matthew not done that little wobble east at the last minute, our neighborhood would have been completely blown away if not flooded away.

With lots of trees down (one big one missing our house by three inches) and rubble strewn about, people here are feeling grateful, lucky and/or blessed. The neighbors who stayed said that the streets were impassable after the storm. They were cleared by the time we got back.

Expediters who have trucks they can live in have a valuable asset indeed. Diane and I have not missed the truck much since coming off the road but with it's mobility, air conditioning, tools, shower, bed, clothing, kitchen, food and water, it would be a very nice such a self-contained resource when disaster threatens.

Reactions: Slo-Ride

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Expediters who have trucks they can live in have a valuable asset indeed. Diane and I have not missed the truck much since coming off the road but with it's mobility, air conditioning, tools, shower, bed, clothing, kitchen, food and water, it would be a very nice such a self-contained resource when disaster threatens.

Glad you and the neiborhood are for the most part in good shape.
All the creature comforts you talk about can all be obtained for you civilians in the form of a nice RV and properly cheaper then a truck. Good thing ya have family to flee to.

Last edited:

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
a team glad you are safe, all the others hope you all came out all right