staying warm tips!

vanman10

Expert Expediter
Last night it went down to 26 degrees outside. But because I insulated my van over the summer, got a portable buddy heater, a 20 lb propane tank and a couple carbon dioxide detectors, I had a warm and comfortable nights sleep in my van. Best $300 I ever spent.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Last night it went down to 26 degrees outside. But because I insulated my van over the summer, got a portable buddy heater, a 20 lb propane tank and a couple carbon dioxide detectors, I had a warm and comfortable nights sleep in my van. Best $300 I ever spent.

I use a big buddy heater also...but it is the lack of oxygen that is the one to watch for...keep your front Windows cracked 2" or so and you will have 0 problems...c02 detectors are a good idea...

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

vanman10

Expert Expediter
Thanks asjssl , you got that right, windows down about 2 inches and back door even cracked just a bit. Wish I would of had one of these heaters last year.

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I have the usuals...the buddy heater, a good sleeping bag, etc but I find its important to keep your head warm. When its really cold I wear one of those Russian style caps with the big ear flaps that buckles under your chin. I forgot to take it off one morning when I ran into a rest area and got some funny looks but it does make a difference in staying warm.