STAY SAFE DRIVERS

Steviegoblue

Rookie Expediter
Just a quick shout from a hurting truck driver tonight. I found out that my very closest friend whom I met at Maverick Transportation was killed last night when he got out of his truck on a state hwy in Indiana and was struck by a vehicle. Not sure of anymore details, and don't care at this point. I just wanted to tell everyone to be safe, think of your loved ones, be aware of your surroundings.......And get home. He was 31 and due to leave the trucking business in 3 weeks because he wanted to be home more to enjoy his life. Live and Love every day!!!!!

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a quick shout from a hurting truck driver tonight. I found out that my very closest friend whom I met at Maverick Transportation was killed last night when he got out of his truck on a state hwy in Indiana and was struck by a vehicle. Not sure of anymore details, and don't care at this point. I just wanted to tell everyone to be safe, think of your loved ones, be aware of your surroundings.......And get home. He was 31 and due to leave the trucking business in 3 weeks because he wanted to be home more to enjoy his life. Live and Love every day!!!!!
God no.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We need it not to be just law enforcement vehicles, state vehicles with flashing Lights= Move a lane over!
It needs to be changed to "Any Government, State or Citizen Vehicle, Lit Up or with 4 Ways on, pulled off onto the side of the road, disabled or not = MOVE A Fricken LANE OVER or slow down, put your 4 Ways on until you CAN MOVE OVER. PISSES ME OFF! It makes no sense! What if it was your Family Member! No excuse.
Saddens and Angers me beyond words.

Steviegoblue

Rookie Expediter
Thank you. Yes, it's a tragedy. We all know the dangers of the road, but we have to make a living. Stay safe.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you. Yes, it's a tragedy. We all know the dangers of the road, but we have to make a living. Stay safe.
So very sorry for your loss and his familie's loss.
We can all still drive a car, truck, van, earn a living or just be driving to or from work...and still move over a lane Ya know? Everyone. We need to be considerate of others and protect them as if they were your own loved ones!
Hugs and empathy go out to you.

Steviegoblue

Rookie Expediter
Hey, thanks much. I shared just so people can hopefully learn something or maybe be more aware. You're right, doesn't have to happen. I'll take from this what I can and say a prayer. I appreciate your kind words. I'm sort of in uncharted territory when it comes to losing someone suddenly like this, so thank you!

TruckingSurv

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry for your loss, really no excuse for this, it comes down to just not making driving the vehicle and the safety of yourself and everyone around you the priority where you are piloting a vehicle.

Reactions: Steviegoblue

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry for your loss, really no excuse for this, it comes down to just not making driving the vehicle and the safety of yourself and everyone around you the priority where you are piloting a vehicle.
Yep, TruckingSurv...we were taught that by a great Instructor at Trainco Truck Driving school. It's your Duty as a Professional Truck Driver to Protect everyone around you and operate as if those cars before, aft, beside were occupied by your Mother, Father, Siblings, best buddies, etc..
It should be that way nowadays for ALL! Just insane he's gone. Unacceptable.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have seen families pulled over on the shoulder of a major interstate having a picnic, sitting in lounge chairs, and even switching drivers, or materials from one vehicle to another. There is no reason to be on the side of the road unless you're having mechanical issues. I always try to enter and exit the truck on the passenger side whenever possible. My prayers are with your friend. Be safe people!

Steviegoblue

Rookie Expediter
I have seen families pulled over on the shoulder of a major interstate having a picnic, sitting in lounge chairs, and even switching drivers, or materials from one vehicle to another. There is no reason to be on the side of the road unless you're having mechanical issues. I always try to enter and exit the truck on the passenger side whenever possible. My prayers are with your friend. Be safe people!

I agree. I only know basic facts at this point. I talked to the Sheriff's office and when the investigation is complete I can get a copy. Supposedly he was stopped on a rural 2 lane state hwy in Indiana blocking both lanes. Why? I wish I knew, trust me.