Stay away from these thieves!

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As some of you who followed my http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/newbies-paradise-forum/48726-cant-get-medical-card.html thread in the Newbies forum are aware, I got my MC authority about 2-3 weeks ago. Now comes the hard part: finding freight!
With this in mind, a Google search brought up cargosoup.com. I looked at it, thought "Wow, just what I need!" and invested $20 in joining up. WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS! As opposed to the demo, which shows anywhere from 10-30 loads available in just about any state, the actual board had NO freight in ANY state. A few states have comments from people like myself who have been screwed by this site, such as "Oh, you've been taken too, huh?" I added one to Pennsylvania's so-called freight board, noting that I intend to contact my state Attorney General's Office as well as the AG in Wisconsin, where cargosoup is located.

So what have I learned?

1. Never trust a static load board demo. If it's the same loads on Friday as it was on Tuesday, it may not be legit.

2. If it seems too good to be true.... it's probably not. I thought $20 was a good price to pay to find loads on a cargo-van centered load board, that's why I went for it. If this had been a real board, it might possibly have been a boon to the business. I wish I had the experience and the expertise to start such a board; I'd be happy as heck to think I'm helping people and making a good, honest buck doing that.

3. It's still tough to figure out which boards, IF ANY, are useful to the vanner. Expedite Loads seems to be OK, but they have 10000 loads for 18-wheelers on any given day, and about 1-4 van/Sprinter loads. Other boards seem to be the same way.

Kudos to Jefferson3000 for trying to help me out; he and I have swapped a couple PM's on this matter :) . He referred me to Sylectus, but they require at least 5 trucks to join up, and I have only one. Good job anyway, Jeff! :D

Anybody else who can help a poor, innocent noob get started, please do! May God bless you!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Now that you know about them it is to late but you could have done a search in the old forums and saved $20. I fell for it too before I figured it out on here, at least it was not my most expensive mistake.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chauferr

Active Expediter
Hey Xmudman,

I too have been thinking about getting my own MC authority but am reluctant for the very fact that you just mentioned.

Which gives me the idea of starting a confederation of independent O/Os based in their own home areas consisting of customers shipping to others home areas thereby creating lane match.

Whatdayouthink?

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now that you know about them it is to late but you could have done a search in the old forums and saved $20. I fell for it too before I figured it out on here, at least it was not my most expensive mistake.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Actually, not! :D :D

My credit card issuer, USAA, reversed the charge after I disputed it. I don't know whether or not they took the loss, or pursued cargosoup for it but once again USAA stood in my corner. I am proud to be associated with them :)

Lord knows I've made me a mistake or two, but it's OK to make mistakes as long as you learn from them :)

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey Xmudman,

I too have been thinking about getting my own MC authority but am reluctant for the very fact that you just mentioned.

Which gives me the idea of starting a confederation of independent O/Os based in their own home areas consisting of customers shipping to others home areas thereby creating lane match.

Whatdayouthink?

Already been done.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
As some of you who followed my http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/newbies-paradise-forum/48726-cant-get-medical-card.html thread in the Newbies forum are aware, I got my MC authority about 2-3 weeks ago. Now comes the hard part: finding freight!
With this in mind, a Google search brought up cargosoup.com. I looked at it, thought "Wow, just what I need!" and invested $20 in joining up. WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS! As opposed to the demo, which shows anywhere from 10-30 loads available in just about any state, the actual board had NO freight in ANY state. A few states have comments from people like myself who have been screwed by this site, such as "Oh, you've been taken too, huh?" I added one to Pennsylvania's so-called freight board, noting that I intend to contact my state Attorney General's Office as well as the AG in Wisconsin, where cargosoup is located.

So what have I learned?

1. Never trust a static load board demo. If it's the same loads on Friday as it was on Tuesday, it may not be legit.

2. If it seems too good to be true.... it's probably not. I thought $20 was a good price to pay to find loads on a cargo-van centered load board, that's why I went for it. If this had been a real board, it might possibly have been a boon to the business. I wish I had the experience and the expertise to start such a board; I'd be happy as heck to think I'm helping people and making a good, honest buck doing that.

3. It's still tough to figure out which boards, IF ANY, are useful to the vanner. Expedite Loads seems to be OK, but they have 10000 loads for 18-wheelers on any given day, and about 1-4 van/Sprinter loads. Other boards seem to be the same way.

Kudos to Jefferson3000 for trying to help me out; he and I have swapped a couple PM's on this matter :) . He referred me to Sylectus, but they require at least 5 trucks to join up, and I have only one. Good job anyway, Jeff! :D

Anybody else who can help a poor, innocent noob get started, please do! May God bless you!

Draw a 50 mile radius around your town and start visiting companies within that area. With one van you only need 3 or 4 companies to keep you running. Just pick up the freight they need hauled, deliver it and deadhead back home. I have been doing this with powdered metal companies in western pa for 5 years now and it works great. Just remember to think like a carrier, which with your own authority you are, and forget about load boards.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Draw a 50 mile radius around your town and start visiting companies within that area. With one van you only need 3 or 4 companies to keep you running. Just pick up the freight they need hauled, deliver it and deadhead back home. I have been doing this with powdered metal companies in western pa for 5 years now and it works great. Just remember to think like a carrier, which with your own authority you are, and forget about load boards.

That is a brilliant idea, sir; will do! BTW you have a PM :)