Start off January with the One!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I really like that Load One has some electrified parking spots in the yard. When I have to stay overnight for a day or two in the yard it's great to be able to not idle all the time. Thanks Mr. Elliott.
There are 5 straight trucks, 2 tractors and one van parked near the power poles. I am the only one who is physically here. Why do the drivers who are not here, probably local guys, park in these few spots? I find it quite discourteous of them to do so. They are preventing drivers from using these power outlets so graciously provided by Load One. It seems that if they are not here they could park somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-T597V using EO Forums mobile app

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
After my load cancelled and enjoying Chick fil a, Tim came through with a great paying load coming to MI. Got there 2hrs early and showered at PF there and went to bed. Thinking about heading to my 2nd home, Taylor MI!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Morning Load One live from Freedom! I forgot to hit the send button on the post before. I had Fuddruckers for lunch and yes I came to the office. Got a few load offers and on Sunday got a good local. Just unloaded and already getting load alerts. Fixing to enjoy a good breakfast and see what dispatch can come up with.

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I really like that Load One has some electrified parking spots in the yard. When I have to stay overnight for a day or two in the yard it's great to be able to not idle all the time. Thanks Mr. Elliott.
There are 5 straight trucks, 2 tractors and one van parked near the power poles. I am the only one who is physically here. Why do the drivers who are not here, probably local guys, park in these few spots? I find it quite discourteous of them to do so. They are preventing drivers from using these power outlets so graciously provided by Load One. It seems that if they are not here they could park somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-T597V using EO Forums mobile app
I've thought about unplugging them and leaving a note on there windshield telling them what I did and who I was. I've also thought about joining Facebook and calling out the unit #s and telling them that there truck has been unplugged and who I was. They don't won't me catching them doing it. It's very tempting!

Reactions: jjoerger

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We constantly battle with the parking spots. Messages and signs and trying to track drivers down. Frustrating and a waste of time and money.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got my load off this morning. Talking about getting the run-around,lol. After I finally got the load off, got a load alert going to FL. I jumped on that quick but didn't get it. After that nothing, Took a nap and now seeing if something late pops up. Looks a little quiet on the board.

Reactions: RoadTime

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
After I took that nap, dispatch called for a load. Another shorty and we got it. In the evening hours I checked the load board and we got busy! Alot of green pen dots! Got another shorty today and got to the delivery 15 mins early before my delivery time and no one is authorized to drive a forklift. Guess that person went home. So it looks like a layover and prebook on another run tomorrow.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Posted on the private facebook group on Monday...
Looking for feedback on this app idea. This is to help you identify who is around you when they see other trucks near you on the Load Map, as a request we have often heard is "In the load map, those trucks sitting around is there a way to put what numbers they are?" or a question in the group "Who all is at the yard in Taylor?", but not everyone wants this information shown (which is totally fair). What if we allowed drivers to enter 30 characters in the app and we show whatever is entered here on the heat map when you tap on their blue vehicle marker? Those who are more privacy conscious can leave it blank while others can put their phone #, truck #, name or twitter handle whatever you'd to show. Might allow you to be a bit more social with those nearby. Let me know what you think, thanks for reading! Cheers.

Well lots of great feedback so today this went live!

Attachments

• 83314425_2878423058854734_2012132508195356672_o.jpg
    83314425_2878423058854734_2012132508195356672_o.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 18

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So apparently turning down bid loads under 200 miles gets your hours reset also?
Beautiful :clapping-happy: That's one way to get people off "the list" :rolleyes:
I got some special characters for the new app feature ;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So apparently turning down bid loads under 200 miles gets your hours reset also?
Beautiful :clapping-happy: That's one way to get people off "the list" :rolleyes:
I got some special characters for the new app feature ;)

Sent you a PM

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't mind getting hours reset for short loads. I'll take short loads if they pay really well. What I mind is getting hours reset for turning down a load that plays 59 cents a mile all miles

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
If you missed this LOD app update from Paito, check it out! You can now personalize and enter information for your unit that other drivers see when another Load1 driver taps on your truck icon on the Load Map. Provide your name, cell no., twitter handle or anything you wish to be identified as. Of course, you have the option of staying anonymous, if you prefer to. Enjoy!

IMG_3024.JPGIMG_3023.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Freedom! Just got done with my breakfast/meal for the day. Matt and George got out to clear the yard. Right before I seen them I told Tim call Nick or Mr. E and let me have the keys to the snow plow truck, lol. Matt is all over it now. As I did a run yesterday from MI to MI and got close to the office, Myers called for a local run and I did it. As I was about to head south Tim call me and was needing me to do a load Sunday. I said yes but really didn't won't to be in this stuff, lol. Fixing to do laundry and run to Meijers and back to my 2nd home "office"