Start of my bed

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also most of the stuff was already prebuilt for my old van, so didn't take nearly as long as it did before. Maybe 12 hours to assemble and put everything together inside the van.

Reactions: fastman_1

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That helps...glad you got it done! I saw a few posts about the old one..

Seeing that portable is giving me ideas, no messing with lifting into the side window, no cutting, and no embarrassing mcdonalds drive thru roof disasters...

How do you handle the generator? I briefly had one (chinese) bolted to a trailer hitch, lasted literally 2 hours and bent a pushrod

At 13 ft 7 inches I just had a load this week that went almost to my partition, gotta think how to stow things...and heat, you have an espar?

Last edited:

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That helps...glad you got it done! I saw a few posts about the old one..

Seeing that portable is giving me ideas, no messing with lifting into the side window, no cutting, and no embarrassing mcdonalds drive thru roof disasters...

How do you handle the generator? I briefly had one (chinese) bolted to a trailer hitch, lasted literally 2 hours and bent a pushrod

At 13 ft 7 inches I just had a load this week that went almost to my partition, gotta think how to stow things...and heat, you have an espar?

Actually I do lift it into the window like this
0e2a5f0e877840b0970156506eba4f58.jpg
6dc5117032a71b52dd6f8fe1f73bf710.jpg
2c51a1cbddcfe7bdd99ecbcb65abf4c8.jpg

Also I keep the generator in the cargo area and move it underneath the bed if I need to make room in the cargo area. I put the generator on the floor and lock it up with a bike lock(pretty much a bike lock i don't know what it's officially called) on my sprinter somewhere underneath. I do have a heater, it's not an espar but it is Chinese brand and it worked perfectly for the 2 months that I was using it.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: brokcanadian

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Puts mine to shame, although if mine was that cozy I'd be tempted to ignore the phone and keep sleeping

Haha it's tempting. I'll show you my heater process when i get around to putting it in. I'm still waiting on insurance to see if they're gonna pay me for my damaged items (heater/ac/generator/marine battery) and if they're gonna take them away.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: brokcanadian