Start of my bed

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm going to post a few photos for anyone that's interested in how I'm making my bed. If you have any questions make sure to ask!
ec45dc1b5bc67c2543da1c769ce59704.jpg
2c72e93a8fbe9e653003b0c3847de514.jpg
f09c078b6d172d960e9195e69a7952e1.jpg
93a9659bdcc1ce27b48e6a4a8dc4df96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How is the fit when you move the partition back and forth? What stopped me from doing this in the Ford and Dodge (Ram Van) is the varying width

Edit: just zoomed in, I see its permanent, I was going to utilize the track and make it movable...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well congrats on the van, you have to let us know how it runs...im set on getting a 4 cyl later on and making it work, I'll be following this

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It runs the same as my old one! I'm averaging about 20MPG BUT I drive a little faster than most, about 70-72 on average when I slow it down it goes up to about 22-24MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It'll probably improve. But that's not bad considering the DPF Def crap nowadays. Was it loaded? Those numbers are what I'm getting with my 05, that's what I'm looking for, along with 15 feet and 74" high opening

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A trick I used was to lay a sheet of the pink floor type hard insulation down on the plywood before my mattress, otherwise in the winter condensation would make the bed wet...probably a good idea for the partition as well

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
image.jpeg

Passenger seat taken out and this is where my AC will go. Pretty much done with everything. Just gotta make holes in the cargo area so I can strap some personal belongings and wait for my license plate and I'll be ready to go on the road!

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok is this as it happens or did you post pics after the fact! If you can build out a van that quick you should sell that service and make some quick cash

Had mine since February and I've still got a mattress on the floor

Reactions: RoadTime

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok is this as it happens or did you post pics after the fact! If you can build out a van that quick you should sell that service and make some quick cash

Had mine since February and I've still got a mattress on the floor

this was all as it happens, the wall was put in before the pictures of course and that took the longest probably. But maybe about 6-8 hours of pure labor 2 people.