Sprinters with Airline track

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
The cargo pkg in Sprinters uses Airline track.

Was wondering if there are any type of load bars available for this set up?

Looked at Cargo Control and Googled for it, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes there are a number of things you can get.

I have some links to companies that have a large selection to these items on the laptop which I don't have here. Look for F track items.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Yes there are a number of things you can get.

I have some links to companies that have a large selection to these items on the laptop which I don't have here. Look for F track items.

I was also wondering about that. Can the F tracks take the place of E Trac? Do the company's allow that?

Good question. I've never seen anyone that use's them that why I'm asking.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I don't think there are too many companies that seem to care enough to actually take it seriously what you have in the box to secure the freight. NOT saying that they care but in comparison, there isn't much difference in a van.

They use F track in cargo aircraft and for seats in passenger jets so I would assume that it would be alright in a van.

There was a test done at GM a bit ago that compared e and f track, pretty much one of them "bored engineers at work thing" and it wasn't too surprising that the f track exceeded its 3000lb ratings.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Well I don't think there are too many companies that seem to care enough to actually take it seriously what you have in the box to secure the freight. NOT saying that they care but in comparison, there isn't much difference in a van.

They use F track in cargo aircraft and for seats in passenger jets so I would assume that it would be alright in a van.

There was a test done at GM a bit ago that compared e and f track, pretty much one of them "bored engineers at work thing" and it wasn't too surprising that the f track exceeded its 3000lb ratings.

Thanks, that's interesting. All the expedite trucks I've seen in the past years I've never have seen them used and couldn't figure out why.:cool:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There is a thread about this very thing somewhere in the truck forum. Piper made mention of them being in his van when he got it, I think that was a '08 sprinter.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
E track stuff seems to be more readily available at truck stops and whatnot.... in case you ever broke a cam buckle, ratchet, or cut a strap.... easier to replace is my thought on this.

fired at you from my Droideka