Sprinter Owners Only

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Now that 2007 is behind us, I am hoping that a few Sprinter owners have some operational costs that you would be willing to share with me on a confidential basis. I would like to determine the true typical cost of Spinter operations for my personal use, and you folks are the best source of this information. If you are willing to share your info please send me a PM.

I would like to determine the five year operating cost, not including purchase price, financing or insurance costs. I am using 2007 dollar costs as a basis for my analysis. Please send me any or all of the following:

• Year of Sprinter;
  • total miles driven during 2007;
  • total fuel cost;
  • Toll costs;
  • Total preventive and corrective maintenance, including oil and other fluid changes, repairs (not including accident damage repair),
  • tire and other worn equipment replacement, and
  • truck washes.
Thanking you,

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One question Terry...would you be looking for the model year of 2007 numbers? Or are you looking to maybe purchase used. The reason I ask is as you know the 07's are a different creature altogether.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This would be interesting information but I'm curious on two things. Routing depends on loads and choices so why include tolls since they aren't a true Sprinter cost? Frequency of washes is strictly a choice so again why include it? I'd think numbers with just the other requested information would be better and then input your own historical numbers for tolls/washes but then again usually when I'm thinking I'm in trouble.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
No OVM, I'm looking to learn what the actual average operating costs of any Sprinter were in 2007. The model year would be helpful to me because repairs would be less on newer than older.

I included tolls and washes because I don't know if that would be different for a Sprinter than for my cargo van which was $247.13 and $210.60, respectively. If anyone is willing to help me, please PM me.

brownie4042

Seasoned Expediter
Terry and Rene: My 2007 Sprinter went into service on 04/01/07, do want a true 12 month reply, or will a 10 month recap do (51000 miles)? Also since I mostly do metro Chicago with limited road trips (2 a month on average), will my data be helpful or will it skew your survey?

Brownie 4042