Sprinter owner going for it and will update this board

OkieSprint

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greeting forum.

My wife and I have a full time business in the comic convention world...which you can imagine has screeched to a dead halt due to Covid. Since we have a 2017 Transit that has gone unused for the better part of this year, I am going to try O/O Sprinter van route and see how it goes ala Tim Expedites (whatever happened to him? anyone know?)

Anyway look forward to sharing here and on the newbie board in the near future. Thanks for all the advice from your previous posts, they have been very informative.

Safe travels,
OS

Last edited:

OkieSprint

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Update - Have applied with the three initial companies I liked and have "interviewed" with their HR in some capacity.

So far, I have yet to meet a very professional person in these few brief interactions that reads their emails or other basic tasks. It seems the only thing that is important to is for me to assign them as my recruiter so they get paid for it.

Company #1 was abysmal pay, and when I questioned it politely they immediately ended the conversation and hiring process. Not working for scraps so that's okay.

Company #2 had a back and forth with me, had me fill out 31(!) pages of online application then came back and asked me about my lack of experience which is literally the second sentence of our very first email since I am not a traditional driver. She encouraged me to go work for three months for a competitor and call back. Huge waste of time that could have been avoided had she read our first email at all.

Company #3 had all of their emails go to my junk folder. By the time I got to them they had gotten really aggressive in the subject line with things like "3rd and final notice" like some kind of overdue bill. Why would anyone respond to this kind of hiring process right off the bat?

As a business owner and former office/HR manager, I have to say I am pretty disappointed with my attempt thus far. Maybe I just picked the three busiest places and I am not traditional? I will keep trying with a wider net this time, but so far nothing good to report.

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Update - Have applied with the three initial companies I liked and have "interviewed" with their HR in some capacity.

So far, I have yet to meet a very professional person in these few brief interactions that reads their emails or other basic tasks. It seems the only thing that is important to is for me to assign them as my recruiter so they get paid for it.

Company #1 was abysmal pay, and when I questioned it politely they immediately ended the conversation and hiring process. Not working for scraps so that's okay.

Company #2 had a back and forth with me, had me fill out 31(!) pages of online application then came back and asked me about my lack of experience which is literally the second sentence of our very first email since I am not a traditional driver. She encouraged me to go work for three months for a competitor and call back. Huge waste of time that could have been avoided had she read our first email at all.

Company #3 had all of their emails go to my junk folder. By the time I got to them they had gotten really aggressive in the subject line with things like "3rd and final notice" like some kind of overdue bill. Why would anyone respond to this kind of hiring process right off the bat?

As a business owner and former office/HR manager, I have to say I am pretty disappointed with my attempt thus far. Maybe I just picked the three busiest places and I am not traditional? I will keep trying with a wider net this time, but so far nothing good to report.
Keep looking.
If this is how they treat prospective o/o's, do you really want to drive for them?
Just my opinion.

There are a lot of good carriers out there. Good luck to you.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are probably no more than a dozen or so companies worth looking into. They are the primary advertisers here and most often mentioned as well. Good luck.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just don't let emails from them go to your junk folder. That's cray cray.

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dont think Tim was ever a member of this forum. I could be wrong, but i doubt it.

I haven't seen a video of his in quite awhile.

Ragman, I'm so hurt by that sir! LOL.. I been a member here for some 5 years or more, maybe? Altho my posting has been limited due to furthering my business opportunities in the industry. I had got word from some mutual friends that read the forums here my name had gotten dropped so thought I would pop in and say hello, damnit man, ole turtle still puttin' along in here uh? LOL. Hello Turtle. Nice to see some old faces? as it were, still around. As for the gentleman asking earlier, I sent you a private message here on the forums, so do please check your messages, now if y'all will excuse me, seem's I have me some reading to catch up on in these forums! LOL Hope y'all are well, talk to ya real soon, I'm sure!

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle