Sprinter exterior sun visor

vango

Expert Expediter
Anyone know where i can find a sunvisor [exterior}for the front windshield of the sprinter? Saw a picture of a sprinter with one on it, on this website.However the owner does not know the maker,due to buying a used van. Thanks!:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know where to find the visor but from what I've heard about visors and bug shields that's going to cost anywhere from .5-1.0 mpg on fuel economy by messing up the aerodynamics. Good luck tracking one down.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Leo you better not be telling me you have a W900 without the visor}> Next thing you will say is that you ain't got none of them there chicken lights. geesh.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, I have the visor and the bug shield above the radiator as well as the factory lights. On a W9 the visor/shield are about .1mpg penalty at most so no biggie. It's on the trucks like a T600 where the shield is about .3mpg and then to the Sprinter where they are at least 1/2 mpg where it makes a significantly calculable difference.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
Sounds to me like you would be better off
buying some sunglasses.

Mike
Whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

vango

Expert Expediter
not concerned with actual "sun blocking action". On all of my old '55 chevys they had external sunvisors.Just thought they looked cool,as stated previously ,i want one for the sprinter,mainly for my nostalgic stuck in the 50's brain!Just tryin to keep the past alive. There has to be one out there ,cause i have a picture of the sprinter with it on it.Check the van want adds,about oct.18 sprinter for 19,000 :D

whitewolfteam04

Expert Expediter
Thank you so much,Kathy!I looked at the site and there it was!The elusive sunvisor, in all its glory ,stately looking at me from its perch high atop a sprinter!Do you know of any place in the states that sells their sunvisors?Thanks again for your help.