Cargo Van Sprinter 4cyl who has one?

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a 2014+ 4cyl. 170 and power is not an issue. It fly's up and over any grade, I pass ALL..Easy oil/transmission service. Average fuel mileage is 23.9 ++mph hammer down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using EO Forums mobile app

Funny the negotiations started again this morning good timing on your post ! How many miles on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got tired of driving for someone already?

Never went out! Was uncomfortable with the idea of not being o/o Been on a 2 year hiatus and bored out of my gourd!

Additionally I bailed on the 4cyl sprinter ! Shopping again today !

Just wait for the replacement Sprinter to arrive this summer fall, there is a 2018 model with everything redesigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmm...
Just recovered a run from new 4 cylinder sprinter. Dead, can't start. Said was running fine up until now. 195k
Previously replaced DEF filter, now out.

Reactions: brokcanadian

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I recovered a load once from a 4 cylinder Sprinter with my 5 cylinder Sprinter ;)

Maybe I'll just skip the 4 cylinder all together and go for the 2018 model. Car dealers never want to discount them heavy enough to justify buying older model. Prices need to come down though to compete with transit and promaster.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I recovered a load once from a 4 cylinder Sprinter with my 5 cylinder Sprinter ;)

Maybe I'll just skip the 4 cylinder all together and go for the 2018 model. Car dealers never want to discount them heavy enough to justify buying older model. Prices need to come down though to compete with transit and promaster.
What's so good about 2018 model?
I can get this year model base 170 for the price of the transit. Find a "not greedy dealer/salesperson".
Ask Leo, maybe he can get you one 1/2 price.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What's so good about 2018 model?
I can get this year model base 170 for the price of the transit. Find a "not greedy dealer/salesperson".
Ask Leo, maybe he can get you one 1/2 price.

Half price works for me, payment in hand... Leo?

Nobody really knows whats so good about it until details are released so far just spy shots of front end, but it will be the first body style change officially since 2007 so expecting some major upgrades as well as improved MPG! Fuel efficiency will be the only thing that keeps them alive just like in 2006 nothing else could hang. The 2014+ had some mild changes to the interior as well as a 4 cylinder bi turbo engine and different headlights.

Last edited:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Nobody really knows whats so good about it until details are released so far just spy shots of front end, but it will be the first body style change officially since 2007 so expecting some major upgrades as well as improved MPG! Fuel efficiency will be the only thing that keeps them alive just like in 2006 nothing else could hang. The 2014+ had some mild changes to the interior as well as a 4 cylinder bi turbo engine and different headlights.
Sorry, auto corrected geo.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No clue where that came from but if I knew a half price source I'd be buying them up and selling them for 35% off.
That's why we can't have any good things. Someone will always try to take advantage of opportunities.
1/2 off was sarcastic joke.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Why do you say fuel mileage is the only thing that will keep them alive? Everything I've read says sprinter sales volume has continued to rise each year.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Why do you say fuel mileage is the only thing that will keep them alive? Everything I've read says sprinter sales volume has continued to rise each year.

Because if a Sprinter can get 30mpg on hwy and competition can only get 25 there is going to be some extra $ in peoples pockets at the end of the year, not to mention personal miles will be liking driving a car almost. Didn't realize sales were doing good from state to state I'm sure it varies. I see a lot of non expedite Sprinters in places like NY, TX, CA, FL. and of course in Chicago they have a following.