Speeding ticket

melanieanne

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry to here about your ticket. But Being With FedEX and a White Glove Tractor we can't go over 65mph if we get a ticket over 65 we can say Good Bye to the Company. WG rules and Needless to say those that Drive those little D wana be Straight Trucks they dont count. The speed of 65mph is Because of Canada and their wonderful rules.

Good luck on your case. Hope you get outa it.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Unless the Patriot was in a residential zone, he was going over ninety miles per hour. Why should he beat it?.:rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry to here about your ticket. But Being With FedEX and a White Glove Tractor we can't go over 65mph if we get a ticket over 65 we can say Good Bye to the Company. WG rules and Needless to say those that Drive those little D wana be Straight Trucks they dont count. The speed of 65mph is Because of Canada and their wonderful rules.

Considering the legal limit is 100kph....which is 63 mph...at 65mph YOU are speeding....what they've done is take your choice to break the law away..

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Law is Law- Speeding is breaking the Law. Now, it is: why me: oh whoa-is-Me..... The OP said he is 51...shame on you! You should know better! Why speed, get stopped, then complain about it. Better to be a few minutes late......Don't ya think?

Now that being said, go find your own ins. and keep your job, life goes on.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry to here about your ticket. But Being With FedEX and a White Glove Tractor we can't go over 65mph if we get a ticket over 65 we can say Good Bye to the Company. WG rules and Needless to say those that Drive those little D wana be Straight Trucks they dont count. The speed of 65mph is Because of Canada and their wonderful rules. .
What doesn't count? (confused)
Setting your truck for a max of 65 is your choice, btw. Fed doesn't require it.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
If they go to Quebec or Ontario 105 km/h speed limiters are required . They often check them at the scales .

Right. If you go to Canada. What I was saying is FedEx does not require the speed limiter. She seemed to imply it was required...

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
The time I was on the road I got used to keeping it at 65 tops. Now I don't even like to go faster than that in a car.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't understand..why do some always burn up the fuel? you could put an easy $20 a load extra into your pocket by slowing down....why get somewhere at 4am when they don't open till 6am? why not get there at 5am and put 20$ in your pocket? That equates to $20 an hour....gee whiz...

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I can't understand..why do some always burn up the fuel? you could put an easy $20 a load extra into your pocket by slowing down....why get somewhere at 4am when they don't open till 6am? why not get there at 5am and put 20$ in your pocket? That equates to $20 an hour....gee whiz...

You have a great point there. I never understood that until I got into Expediting. I guess hearing everyone talk about it after awhile it just sinks in. The hardest part for me is the 18's coming up behind you at mok 2, get within 3 foot of your bumper swing out and pass and get off at the next exit. The only way you can make time speeding is if you run 4-5oo miles w/o stopping and there are very few people that can do that.
I was running out on I-80 when a truck did that and it was absolutely rotten weather, when he swung out to pass he got half way around me and jack knifed. I bit my sit really hard and just kept going like I had, not hitting the brakes or making any unnecessary moves as he went into the medium. Now that I think about speed the 55mph deal actually helped, it was the American rush that didn't work.:D

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I got stopped for speeding in Joliet Ill a couple years ago while in a CV. 72$ fine plus costs you know the hidden court etc.
Well anyway They told me if I paid within 5 days they would not report to home state(PA). So I paid it and no 1 the wiser.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter

If the wheel base of your tractor is over 244 inches,you dont have to worry about the 65 mph Canadian rule,cause you would be illegal entering Canada with that wheel base.When I was at FDCC and in W/G,I didn't even have any of Canada on my license plates,my wheel base was 260 inches

buckwheat

Seasoned Expediter
Since I plan to be on the road mid summer, I've been setting my cruise at 62 with my work truck(freeway) and 65 with the car(also freeway). I have been consciously observing the speed limits on all other roads. Not only has my mileage improved as OVM said, but I'm calmer and even somewhat rested when I get to where I'm going. I've also noticed that I can leave a little earlier and not really notice where it takes more time to get there. I guess it's never too late for an old dog to learn something.