speed limiter

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I know what you mean. How about cruising across Canada's 401 at 65 and a Canadian truck blows by me about sucking my doors off, where is there limiters?

Sent from my DROID X2

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
The idea is acelerate when a blow out, a little and regain control. When a drive goes(been there) it pulls (jerks sudenly) by a quik acelaration you have a chance to regain control and safly getting off the road. It does work even in a straight truck.

xman1827

Active Expediter
They've figured :rolleyes:out how to disconnect them when in the US....

Yeah the Canadian trucks were flying right by me when I was doing 60 or as u would say 100 km as if I was standing still. I actually do drive around 65 mph getting 12 miles to the gallon but when I need to get around someone obiously you have to step it up a notch but now I can't because I FOLLOWED THE LAW of some country that there own people don't follow

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah the Canadian trucks were flying right by me when I was doing 60 or as u would say 100 km as if I was standing still. I actually do drive around 65 mph getting 12 miles to the gallon but when I need to get around someone obiously you have to step it up a notch but now I can't because I FOLLOWED THE LAW of some country that there own people don't follow

LOL...I think they've invented an on/off switch...

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We go into Canada 15 - 20 times a year.
We got the truck neutered over two years ago.
It took a little time to get used to not having top end when
I wanted.
Didnt take nearly as long to start spending the several thousand i saved by not being able to go over 64.
Gotta learn to give and take.:D

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Its a shame you feel you have to put your foot down. I guess you freight pays better then everyone else's out here. They pay you more to run faster and burn more fuel?? Did you used to be a company driver in a T/T?? Cause you sure sound like your one of them steering wheel holders!!

I get better fuel mileage at 70 right?? People that think and drive this way sure do make it difficult for the more responsible drivers on the roads.

And you sound like one of them there know-it-all grandpa types. If I want to be preached at, I'll drag my butt outta bed and go to church Sunday. Thank you very much!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
They've figured out how to disconnect them when in the US....

I've been told there is a chip out that will give a reading to the computer that the Canadian DOT uses to check for your limiters that says you have a properly set limiter when in fact you don't have one at all.

Sent from my DROID X2