Sound Mechanical Advice

DougTravels

Not a Member
After a few days of no blower motor working in my truck, I called my brother Delbert. I had tried fuses tracing wiring and direct wiring it, but it still wouldn't come on. I called him because he is a mechanic with well over 30 years experience. I told him the story and that I figured I'd have to buy another blower motor. His advice from probably 35 years of experience was that yeah it probably was the motor since I had directly wired it, and it failed to come on. He then said "Try hitting (well he said tapping but hitting sounds better) it with a hammer." about 3 taps with a pair of channel locks (I didn't have a hammer) later it works just fine again.

So in closing, I am not a mechanic but if your vehicle has issues, I would say sound advice is "Hit it with a hammer and save those costly repair bills!" Unless you are near Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, then visit Del and let him hit it for you!

Thanks again Del!

100_4490Del.jpg<---My hero of the day

I just found out, it does not work for cracked windshields! :D

guido4475

Not a Member
Old ford tool? That was pretty cold, dude.I have had every make of vehicle and have had the best luck with the blue oval.as far as big trucks are concerned, kenworth is the best in my book.

cruzer

Not a Member
I had a new z24 back in 1990 and after 1500mi. it started missing like it had a bad plug wire or something so I stopped in a dealership to get it checked out and the women in the service department came out and took the stuff out of my glovebox and reached in the pocket of her lab looking coat and pulled out a hair brush,did you get that,a hair brush I said, give the computer a couple of good wacks with the handle and problem solved. About two months later I had to replace the computer,under warranty of course. So Doug,go ahead and get a new blower motor to have handy and add a hair brush to your tool box and quit monkeying around.:D

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: