Sore knees

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
After reading the thread about seats and knees I was wondering if anybody here who suffers from knee pain has a favorite remedy (creams/icee-hot pads/OTC pain meds/etc) they would share. Since I got into my new van my knees have been so much happier but after sitting for several hours they begin to ache a bit so any relief would be nice.

--
Mike N

Faster than a speeding poulet.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
On expeditenow.com (EO's sister site), I ran across an article called Injuries: How to Avoid Them. It tells you the best ways to alleviate your joint pains. Hope it helps.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Get some ThermaCare Knee wraps. You know who worked on them while in my last career with P&G. They do not begin to heat up until exposed to air. Once you take them out of the pack they heat and are good about 8 hours. Here is a little secret for you as well. Get some large back wraps and keep a box in the truck. If you ever need heat in a break down or whatever you can open them and they will help you. Any of these are also great for things that get frozen. Gas lines, wiper fluid etc. Take out a wrap and wrap whatever is frozen and it make take a bit but it will thaw it. I had to do that at home on a small water line on and end of the house when we got very cold before Christmas. This was a little section of pipe that goes out to an outside fixture. A small section is exposed and will freeze if I forget to shut it off for winter and I did forget. Bingo! 1 hour wrapped and it opened right up. I ran the water turned off the valve saved a joint from breaking. Good luck!The Owner who once went by RACEMAN but due to the outcome of the Nextel Cup, am now just 6.