Solar powered Auto Air Conditioning

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would like to have the best of both worlds running the a/c and saving fuel IE solar powered a/c compressor.

Temporarily changing the subject. Layoutshooter did you notice on the mythbuster summary where they made the comment about the computer model being wrong compared to the real world results ? Reason I bring this up is computer generated global warming models accuracy. Need a new thread to beat that horse ??

jimmy

LOL!! Sure, why not? We need something to go on about. I have been talking about being bored and have something to argue about with another member in private. We are BOTH looking hard for something. HEHE :p

kevinb

Active Expediter
I would think any solar panels large enough to power an AC unit would create significant wind drag and reduce fuel mileage. Maybe if the solar panels were integrated as part of the vehicle, like the roof of the box or a cab fairing.

consider thin film amorphis from earth care products- generates power from light - not like traditional panels that work on direct sun tilted at 45 degrees- these thin film panels are tested and proven hurricane winds enough to stay on going down the road- there are plenty of sizes available plus you can build the power you need to run the thing you run- I am an owner operator out of chicago and implimenting this as we speak will keep you posted