solar panels

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry Dan, if you did 100M in sales last year, it is something of a miracle. With the downturn in the economy and the D&B reports, it looks like you may have been lucky to reach the $40M level.

AND beside that, once the company breached that magical level of sales, then if they are doing things like this to establish a retail outlet this way, then there is a serious problem with management not knowing what they are doing and have counted on luck to pull them through. Like the idea of using the house, I wonder how much money was in a budget for web presences and marketing - I would expect at least $30k put aside for website development and web marketing.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Googling and Binging truckpipestore.com brings up this thread. Not sure if that is beneficial to business. Wonder what comes up if I was to do a search for: truckpipestore.com scam.

eb

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry Dan, if you did 100M in sales last year, it is something of a miracle. With the downturn in the economy and the D&B reports, it looks like you may have been lucky to reach the $40M level.
But, but, but, at between 2.56 and 5 million exhaust assemblies per year, reaching $100 million is a piece of cake, assuming the average price of each assembly is between $20 and $39 a pop, give or take.

EB mentioned the word scam. I'm not sure that truckpipes is a scam. I think if you order something from him you'll actually get it. But I do think we're being scammed, for spam. This sure looks like an eBay slash online reseller who receives orders for pipes and stuff, then turns around and orders everything from some wholesaler, then drop-ships to his customers. The house he's running this out of may or may not be his parent's. He's too inconsistent with "we" and "I", and keeps saying 'we are who we claim to be,' yet won't or can't back any of it up.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
BUT... the problem I am finding is that the 2.5 to 5M of product may not be what's happening there.

With the downturn in the economy, the cut in production across the board in the transportation industry and a number of other issues, it may be that he is feeding us old numbers?

Nevertheless maybe we should ask the company?

Opps that's what I just did.

Let's see if what he says is true, I hope it is.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
EB mentioned the word scam. I'm not sure that truckpipes is a scam. I think if you order something from him you'll actually get it. But I do think we're being scammed, for spam. This sure looks like an eBay slash online reseller who receives orders for pipes and stuff, then turns around and orders everything from some wholesaler, then drop-ships to his customers. The house he's running this out of may or may not be his parent's. He's too inconsistent with "we" and "I", and keeps saying 'we are who we claim to be,' yet won't or can't back any of it up.

A company that misrepresents itself is a scam. This character is trying to get me to buy things based on falsehoods. There is a chance I can make money in a pyramid scheme, but pyramid schemes are still a scam. With truckpipes, I'm sure someone is going to lose out, because they aren't dealing with the kind of company they think they're dealing with.

eb

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
Wow.. This is amazing stuff how ignorant people come up with their own falsehoods about others. You dont even know me or know what I am all about. No one is going to lose out as you put it. If what I sell is not for you then stay away. the Truckpipestore is a very legit company. We have a 100% satisfacation rating on Ebay and if you take the time to read, you will see that people are very pleased with the timeliness of our shipping and the extreme high quality of our pipes we have sold. I have over 100+ customers that have rated Truckpipestore 100%. Get your facts straight before you decide that I am a pyramid scheme scam. I am Very far from it.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Wow.. This is amazing stuff how ignorant people come up with their own falsehoods about others. You dont even know me or know what I am all about. No one is going to lose out as you put it. If what I sell is not for you then stay away. the Truckpipestore is a very legit company. We have a 100% satisfacation rating on Ebay and if you take the time to read, you will see that people are very pleased with the timeliness of our shipping and the extreme high quality of our pipes we have sold. I have over 100+ customers that have rated Truckpipestore 100%. Get your facts straight before you decide that I am a pyramid scheme scam. I am Very far from it.
I never said you were operating a pyramid scheme. Just comparing the ethics of your claims.

eb

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle,
It seems he is the real thing. Which is good.
There is little doubt in my mind that if you order something from him you'll get it. What I doubt, highly, is that he owns or is even a part owner in 4 manufacturing facilities, much less of the ridiculous size and scope he claims, nor does he own any part of several warehousing facilities, or a plane. I think he's a drop-ship reseller working out of his home, nothing more, with no physical storefront or shipping location of his own. He's offered up zero evidence to the contrary.

He implies I'm ignorant. He says I don't know him or what He's all about. Well, educate me, 'cause I've asked, and the only information provided thus far is conveniently unverifiable unsubstantiated claims that make no sense. There are entire religions which require less blind faith than this.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
There is little doubt in my mind that if you order something from him you'll get it. What I doubt, highly, is that he owns or is even a part owner in 4 manufacturing facilities, much less of the ridiculous size and scope he claims, nor does he own any part of several warehousing facilities, or a plane. I think he's a drop-ship reseller working out of his home, nothing more, with no physical storefront or shipping location of his own. He's offered up zero evidence to the contrary.

He implies I'm ignorant. He says I don't know him or what He's all about. Well, educate me, 'cause I've asked, and the only information provided thus far is conveniently unverifiable unsubstantiated claims that make no sense. There are entire religions which require less blind faith than this.

You might get what you order today, but you won't be dealing with the kind of company you think you're dealing with unless you really examine what he's saying then it becomes the joke that it has become here. I really do appreciate the humor of this discussion, but the ethical question just bugs me. This seller apparently believes there is some value in being something that he isn't, and he is trying to portray himself as this something that he isn't. At some point (just like in a pyramid scheme), the false side will collide with the reality side, and I hate to see unsuspecting bystanders having to deal with the mess when it happens.

eb