So you want to become an Expediter here's some info for you

John Cassidy

Active Expediter
Researching
In Ontario, I just looked it up, it's a straight truck with an air brake, the z part is the air brake. It's defined by weight the D being I believe 4.600 kgs, which is about 12000 lbs, the A is anything no weight limit.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon:

Hello from Toronto.. I was looking into expediting here based out of GTA

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, go thru the forums with a fine tooth comb. This is unlike anything you've ever done, and if you had all the information you need, you would know why asking about income is a pointless question.

G license up to 26000 IIRC, with hydraulic brakes . . . yes this is probably the way to go (straight truck) but check insurance FIRST. You may not even qualify for it.

Be ready to clear as low as 300 a week financially. Yes I'm not kidding.

Good luck:D

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I spoke to an expediter company yesterday. Lease to own, they are recommending the 2015 or 16 Ford Transit,
There's an old saying in trucking: "Don't lease from the man with the strings in his hand." When leasing to own from a carrier you are tied to that carrier. The carrier that dispatches you and is now holding the title to your truck, controls the loads you get and collects your monthly lease payment. Usually with these lease to own arrangements you agree to stay with that carrier throughout the term of the lease.

In my opinion, if you can't secure a conventional loan with a decent down payment you should wait until you can. Unscrupulous carriers with lease to own programs enjoy preying on under financed drivers. After a few months into the lease you could find yourself getting only cut rate load offers, load offers you must take just to make your monthly payment.

If you do decide to go the lease to own route, check the odometer. If there is more than 100 miles on this "new" vehicle it has probably already begun its long journey down the lease to own road.