so what happens if the price of gas is $10 a gallon?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I've been reading some articles speculating what might happen after an attack on Syria. and while speculation is just what they are, however, certainly what's going to happen is some variation of them.

so what happens if the price of gas skyrockets? does the cost of food in the store double, or even triple? surely, most of us would be unemployed, unable to go petty much anywhere.

so here I am, sitting here, going over all the possibilities. so what does the world look like when gas is 10 dollars a gallon?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panhandle for Gas money. ....lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I would put my seats back in my old 14 passenger one ton dodge van and take people to work..

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tend not to worry about things that most likely will not happen. Maybe in another decade or so but not anytime soon.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Remember back when people were asking what happens if the price of gas goes to $3.00 a gallon?

This is what it looked like. :)

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I tend not to worry about things that most likely will not happen. Maybe in another decade or so but not anytime soon.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

1. The Obammunist launches Operation Ouch, My Ego;
2. Shipping is attacked in the Straits of Hormuz;
3. Gas process skyrocket.
Could happen easily within weeks.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Remember back when people were asking what happens if the price of gas goes to $3.00 a gallon?

This is what it looked like. :)

I remember when people were asking what happens if the fuel price reaches 1.50...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Remember not too long ago in Dec. 2008 when gas was $1.67 per gallon? The $10/gal price was already being discussed, and Steven Chu, Obama's brand new Sec. of Energy said "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe,".
It's highly unlikely that anything Obama does in Syria will be significant enough to cause gas prices to triple. However, it's highly likely we'll see $10/gal gasoline in our lifetimes thanks to Barack Hussein Obama.