So, ur minding ur own business then....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I'm going across lower Illinois, u know a million acres of corn and bingo,,I see brown eyes, a rack, and a white tail barely miss my right front fender, there was no time to say o #$%t. I drove 50mph for an hour waiting for my heart to beat. I can't believe we did not collide,,it had to be an inch of a miss.....anyone else having fun like that or had fun like that?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Too many times. Mrs. Layoutshooter has hit 2 deer and I totaled a car on one. Not hit one with the big truck yet. Don't want too either.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
had a few close calls, keep reminding myself not to swerve and stay on course, but I've hit the brakes pretty hard a couple times

Last edited:

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
I whacked 3 with the old ladys buggy. The entire right side showed the one that came out of the ditch and didn't stop. Bent the mirror, scratch and dented the whole side. The other two hits were real minor in comparison. I told her the color or the buggy attracted them. Had a few other near misses when I lived up north of here as we were in the boonies. One raced along side on the road. Now thing those are scary try coming around a corner and there's a large bear facing you. Bit more solid with big teeth and claws.
Rob

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Last month I was driving home @ night with my sis's new jeep and several ran out in front of me. I swerved & hit the brakes but one came outta nowhere & ran into the back fender....tearing it off. Thank goodness I knew a good body shop who got a new fender & made it look good as new again. No way was I gonna tell her. She would've flipped her wig!

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
That was a baby bear at that weight. Don't matter they're fairly solid in build. I've seen quite few buggies that tried to take out moose and of course the moose usually win. Because of their height hitting a moose with a car is not good as they fall over the hood and come through the windshield and crush everything.
Rob

tropigal

Seasoned Expediter
Several years ago I was driving from Miami to Naples, FL on US41 through the Everglades at around 2 AM. Out in the middle of nowhere I saw a flash come from the swamp on the right side. I was going about 65 mph and my car hit it and for a second tilted up on two wheels. I luckily controlled the car and wondered what the heck that was! So, with no traffic coming in either direction, I turned around to see if anything was back there. In the middle of the road was a 6-7 foot alligator with his head broke open and was dead! I got out and was thinking of putting it in the back of the car to have some alligator boots made, but it stunk so bad I decided against it. I doubt if I would have been able to get that big gator into my car by myself anyhow.
I have never met anyone else that has hit an alligator.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Several years ago I was driving from Miami to Naples, FL on US41 through the Everglades at around 2 AM. Out in the middle of nowhere I saw a flash come from the swamp on the right side. I was going about 65 mph and my car hit it and for a second tilted up on two wheels. I luckily controlled the car and wondered what the heck that was! So, with no traffic coming in either direction, I turned around to see if anything was back there. In the middle of the road was a 6-7 foot alligator with his head broke open and was dead! I got out and was thinking of putting it in the back of the car to have some alligator boots made, but it stunk so bad I decided against it. I doubt if I would have been able to get that big gator into my car by myself anyhow.
I have never met anyone else that has hit an alligator.

O my, sounded like the beginning of a SciFy movie, u are brave, i would not have gotten out of the car, the gator could have had a buddy,,,lol