Small Brokers not listed on Expeditersonline

manman

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi,

I want to compile a list of known small expedited brokers that are not usually advertised here on this site. The only one I know is Barrett Directline. Any input would be an aide to everyone.

Thanks

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the past 6 years of running spot freight it's always been surprising the various brokers I've ran across who had good expedited truck load freight. It was largely automotive freight. Sometimes it would be carriers helping a customer or covering their own shortcoming and sometimes not.

Regardless I always held that info close to my chest. I do recall a few years ago someone in here mentioned a certain source for expedited freight which I ended up connecting up with those folks and have had a lot of success with them.

Sometimes that sort of info can be helpful but many more times it can also turn out to be useless. Regardless I'm still always looking for nuggets like that from online banter. But as far as sharing any of it a handful of close friends who are also o/o of like mind are the only ones I sometimes mention these things to.

This is hard earned info for small fry such as myself. Most likely giving it out would not be detrimental to my operation but this is a cut throat business and you never really know. As they used to say in WW2 loose lips sink ships.

I say these things like I still do a lot of expedited freight. Anymore it's a very small part of what I do although generally across the board things do seem to be on the uptick out here in the ad hoc world. And I'm pretty sure if I started beating the bushes looking for more of that specific kind of work I could find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBird and davekc

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
small brokers have little to do with no namers really....Large carriers tend to use the no namers to pump up profit margins....when with Murray I learned of many small obsolete brokers who had some good customers and payed a decent rate and easier to deal with then say a Barrett..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Barrett wont use a no name multi. So much still to learn in retirement. :D
I didn't infer they did...No Namers are not always Multi's.....heck Murray could be called a no namer as no decals but the ones in the front seat if needed....i just used them as an example of dealing with a well known bigger carrier...I was going to poke you but Steve has a bullseye painted on him...:p