Sleepers

Marmino

Expert Expediter
Tell me your opinion....Alumi-bunk or AAsleepers or if you have a better suggestion let me know. I'm spec'ing 84", double bunks, TV/VCR, Fridge, Micro, must have sink.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

I've heard that Bentz makes a good sleeper, also we once owned an ICT, you might try looking into one of these two.

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I think I miss my mind the most!!

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You cant beat BENTZ TRANSPORTATION PRODUCTS of Ft.Wayne In.for expediter sleepers.They are built so well that I kept my first one and transfered it to my new truck.I am sure it would have served well on my third,but I got a bigger one this time.(84")If there has been any down side,it is that on the new model they stopped putting duct work in,and instead throw all the heat and ac out from under the bunk.

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
Hey dieseldiva I remember seeing pictures of your new truck do you like that sleeper or do you wish you would have went a different way. I think the big 3 are Bentz ICT and Double Eagle. I am yet to see a AA but they look pretty sweet in to EO article. The only reason I call them the big 3 is because I live so close to Reliable Carriers, and those are the only custom sleepers I see.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
For a high quality, no compromise custom sleeper, Bentz is the choice of most. There are cheaper sleepers out there that might fill your needs, but every owner of a Bentz I have talked with has been very satisfied with their sleeper, and truckers are hard people to satisfy:)
-Weave-

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Lawrence for the pics that is one hot looking truck.
Lawrence while I got you here what happened to the couple that had that nasty crash with the big Volvo show truck. I know they lost everything but was just wondering if they were OK. Oh ya where can I get the EO paper.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Why didn't you post a pic or 2 of the 960 and the logo from EO!!!

I see DD's truck all the time. I want to see some pics of some Bentz units or some custom units Freightliner are putting together.

I have to get some sleep. Later gang. LOL

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

Yes, I DO wish we had gone a different way. Wish we would have waited a while, maybe couple more years, taken our time and spec'd that "dream" truck that all of us drool over!! Now I know that some of us think the dream trucks aren't practical but gosh guys, a lady would like plenty of room for all her "stuff" and a shower would have been nice. If you don't believe me, ask your little women, I bet they'd much rather travel in style!! Maybe that was a loaded question that was asked, you KNOW some of us ladies are never satisfied!!

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I think I miss my mind the most!!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here is a picture of the "Little Deuce Coupe" in the event the Marimo's haven't seen it. It's sleeper was custom built by Bentz. While I'm admittedly not a lover of show trucks, I have to admit this truck was incredible in the sleeper dapartment. For a $300k truck, it better have been! It was more an example of "what can be done" today. Of course Bentz makes much more modest, affordable sleepers. Sadly this truck was destroyed in an accident a few months ago, but the owners escaped with only minor injuries. If I were to build a truck with a custom sleeper that was going to be "home," I would invest in a quality unit such as a Bentz.
-Weave-

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I believe the box held only 4 skids. Yes, the truck was partially sponsored by Bentz and a few other component suppliers. It was more of a motorhome than truck, which was what the owners were planning to fully convert it into once they retired from trucking. If you do some searching around on this site, there is a lot of info still around regarding it, too much for me to list here.
-Weave-

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We have had Bentz and ICT. Both are probably the best on the market for the price. ARI has nice larger units as well. Both had some nice units at the Louisville Truck Show. We currently run a ICT and we love it. Truck has over 300,000 on it and so far the ICT has been 100% trouble free.