sleeper install

boxtruck6

Expert Expediter
hi all, i need some input on where too have a sleeper and approx cost of adding a sleeper too my 24 footer. live in indiana area. thank,s for any input, boxtruck;-)

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Check out Bentz Transportation Products,Ft.Wayne In 800-664-2865.well built.Will out last 2 or 3 trks.prices start at 5K {36"}and go on up to about 24K for a 96"model

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You can try Rhodes Rambler out of Bowling Green KY ,Jim Coles,they may be out of business. They build a relatively low cost sleeper,no bells and whistles but adequate,all sizes from 48-80 inches..They are good folks and will not steer you into something more then you need.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
you will need to lenght the rail to hold what ever sleeper you put on, also if you are over the 40' make will have to put on a tagaxle to
make it legal in some states, so maybe trade box's and go to a smaller
box and put sleeper on it, won't need to mess with changing the rails
on truck, to best no what you need give dan a call his number is on
this site in dan is back

KandS2

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'd like to second checking out Bentz in Ft. Wayne. They are very good about honoring their warranty without a fuss, and they work on the truck promptly. We will specifically get a Bentz sleeper on our next truck.

Stay safe out there!

G

I'll second the Rhodes sleeper.. Not the fanciest unit on the road, but a very good value for the price.. We got a 72" for $6100.. Refrigerator is extra, but we got a cheapie that runs off an inverter. He was still in business last Summer when we stopped in to say Hi.. (270)842-6886

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If your interested I have a 60 inch sleeper available. Nothing fancy. It has 2 small closets with shelves on top where I put my microwave and TV. Small electric cooler fit on floor of one of the closets. Has 2 bunks. I only ran team for a short period and generally used the upper bunk for storage.I'd be happy to sell this cheap, 'cause I dont have a use for it. It also is plumbed for heat with a thermostat,and reading lights for each bunk and 1 large ceiling light,in the stand up area. Like I said, nothin fancy, but it served the purpose. If you wish, give me a call 315-469-4671. I don't know if it would be breaking the rules to post a price, but as I said,CHEAP! thnks KG