sitting in Columbus oh

garylentz

Rookie Expediter
Sitting in Columbus oh for two days nice wether no loads for company that I run for. Made a new friend his company offered him six loads WOW time to rethink who to run for

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in Columbus oh for two days nice wether no loads for company that I run for. Made a new friend his company offered him six loads WOW time to rethink who to run for

That's been a decent spot for me because of that Volvo factory there. My carrier hauls a lot of Volvo and Mack freight

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

wow a whole 2 days eh?....Maybe you should rethink about even being in this business with your way of thinking at this time.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I mean....who ever said there would be freight everyday?, EXPEDITE no less every day?....The whole goal of a good shipper is to NOT ship expedite....if most shippers have a good day....we will not .....

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

A few ways to look at this; (But not limited to)
His carrier calls him prior to bidding on it..
His carrier isnt bidding propely to secure at least 5 loads..
He is turning down way to many loads..

If 2 days bug ya only thing left to ask is,,Where is the house and how long does it take to get there..Its the weekend now..:cool:

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter

six offers or six bids? six offers and he's still sitting there means six turn downs.. if that's the case he won't be getting many more offers.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
If 2 days bug ya only thing left to ask is,,Where is the house and how long does it take to get there..Its the weekend now..:cool:

Sitting even one day in Ohio especially Col or north of Col is unusual. 2 days is unacceptable. Time to consider your options..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting even one day in Ohio especially Col or north of Col is unusual. 2 days is unacceptable. Time to consider your options..

I dunno...even Depressed 1 would leave ya in Columbus sometimes a few days.....NOW just last week I was dispatched to go 80 miles out from Columbus BUT that is NOT getting a load out of Columbus

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Columbus isnt good to me..Doesnt mean I wont go but it does make me ask whats on the other end of it..If nothing then I rethink it. Actually I cant think of the last time I got a load out of the immediate area.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
There is much less freight available since that guy from Dayton cornered the market. :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No load to run, or no load offers? Two different things. If in Columbus regardless of the vehicle size you shouldn't sit two days unless the carrier has to many trucks there. Either they aren't looking, bidding too high, or driver is being avoided for some reason. Could be several reasons.
If this is happening in numerous locations I would ask them why. If they can't tell you then maybe it is time to move on. Have to remember also, just because someone received six load offers doesn't mean they are profitable or viable loads.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
There is much less freight available since that guy from Dayton cornered the market. :)

LOL!! I don't soak up much Dayton freight at all. I just start there each week.
And Columbus freight has always been hot and cold. Even from the courier standpoint too.
But yes. Being in Columbus doesn't mean you can only haul Columbus freight.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No load to run, or no load offers? Two different things. If in Columbus regardless of the vehicle size you shouldn't sit two days unless the carrier has to many trucks there. Either they aren't looking, bidding too high, or driver is being avoided for some reason. Could be several reasons.
If this is happening in numerous locations I would ask them why. If they can't tell you then maybe it is time to move on. Have to remember also, just because someone received six load offers doesn't mean they are profitable or viable loads.

OR too many cheap azzes bidding low ball in the same area....timing is everything in this business..